ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-28-2007   #21
louispf

Default Re: New ZR-1 owner... just introducing myself>>>

Congradulations. Received mine 2 weeks ago 90 # 354 & have yet to drive it. Weather has been ruff. Beautiful ride. I'll posts some pics of mine when the weather breaks.
louispf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #22
Aurora40

As said, you can get a build sheet, and also a window sticker, from the NCM. You can also get a 1990 sales brochure, and the ZR-1 specific sales brochure at the same time.

The car looks great! That interior is quite glossy though. Some people like that so perhaps it's intentional.

Everything looks so new! Be prepared for the spare to get really dusty really quickly though. I've cleaned mine a few times and had to use it a few times. Within a few thousand miles it was totally dust covered again. I keep a large trashbag in the car so I don't have to use that tire bag in an emergency.

As said, be careful when cleaning the engine. Use mild products and don't hose it down.

If you ever want to meet up, let me know, I'm in Leesburg.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #23
Hammer

Talking Re: New ZR-1 owner... just introducing myself>>>

If the glossiness is a problem, try the Adams products VRT. I have used most all their products and find them to be outstanding.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

Last edited by Hammer; 12-30-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #24
flyin ryan

welcome to the boards Michael. i have a 90 (1706) same combo as yours, wish it had the same milage as yours. your car is very, very nice. your other rides aren't bad either ha, ha. it's great your having fun & are pumped about the car & it's history. don't worry about posting too many pictures, i felt the same way as you, everybody on here loves to see, hear & talk about these cars, myself included. .
Old 12-29-2007   #25
ZR1Vette

Well...day one of detailing is complete..
Engine bay (and no water in top end of engine...know about that)..lots of Q-tips, gentle cleaner, and compressed air>>

Did the undercarriage area to... boy does that spare tire carrier collect dust!
Here is the diff area>>

NOW I NEED ADVICE>>>>
In this pic (driver side of engine) there is a device that have a pipe coming from it...looks like there should be a hose attached but there is none... anybody comment plz>>>
Red ---> is pointing to the item in question

Jack points...rear one is obvious but looks like there are two possible jack points in the front... I have marked them as A---> & B---> can either be used? (I have a four arm sissor lift)

Also I have heard two very different views on jacking up car (again will be using a four point sissor lift... one is to keep all doors and hatch closed and the other is to have doors and hatch open...to me it makes sense to have closed... comments please

Lastly...when I remove the air cleaner assmebly a plastic shroud is located in the lower area where the cleaner assembly resides... here it is but I have it sitting on top so you can see it...it goes down in the area marked "Sits down here-->".. to me it restricts the air flow to the intake and also suspect it is a 'anti water' deflector type device. I do not plan to drive the car in the rain so why not keep this shroud off?? Comments plz...

Concerning the glossy interior...not sure what the prior owner used but I will be dealing with that...I use Mothers Reflection Leather car and Stoners Trim and Leather cleaner.

Last item...appears I have the drivers front speaker not functioning... never dawned on me the Bose system does not have a L R balance and only a fader......I am missing something??? Any stereo gurus here with some ideas???

Again thanks for the patience and any comments... great forum
Michael
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #26
flyin ryan

NOW I NEED ADVICE>>>>
In this pic (driver side of engine) there is a device that have a pipe coming from it...looks like there should be a hose attached but there is none... anybody comment plz>>>
Red ---> is pointing to the item in question

[/quote]no hose. it's just left open. yours is correct.
Old 12-29-2007   #27
Aurora40

That thing is the AIR divert valve. It either sends air from the AIR pump to the exhaust manifolds, or out to the atmosphere. That open port thing is how it sends it to the atmosphere. It's perfectly normal, nothing connects there.

Edit, oh and if you are asking about the factory jack point, it's between the two molded in "arrows" there in your picture. Rear a bit from the "B" label.

That plastic thing under the air intake is to keep water out. I also thought it blocked fresh air to the intake. I kept it in place until I got the "claw" intake at which point I removed it. I've driven in quite heavy rains and not had a problem as of yet.

The Bose does not have a left/right adjustment. It's quite common for the stock stereo to experience all kinds of problems.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Aurora40; 12-29-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #28
GOLDCYLON

Welcome aboard. Nice clean example of a ZR-1. Must the folks have already chimed in but they are 100% correct on the valve, the water deflector and the jacking points. . Your BOSE stero should have a left and right lever below one of the exisiting knobs. GC
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #29
key_on

Welcome to the forum. My sister-in-law is in Reston also. I'll look you up next time I'm there. Would love to see your Z in person.

Pat
key_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #30
ZR1Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by key_on
Welcome to the forum. My sister-in-law is in Reston also. I'll look you up next time I'm there. Would love to see your Z in person.

Pat
Any time you are in the area let me know... always glad to see fellow Vette owners...and now in particular ZR-1 drivers
M
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote