ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 05-21-2007   #21
jrd1990zr1

Default Re: Going to NCRS in August, need help

Just got back from the NCRS NJ Regional. My 1990 ZR1 was judged. If you have the current Delco Service replacement battery you will lose a 50% standard deduction or 10 points. Same concept for service replacement PF970 oil filter. Wish someone would make some original silk screen stickes!!

Biggest single hit was battery and wiper blades.

Need to find an original battery and remove the stickers and find some OEM wiperblades.

See you in Boston.

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #22
TommyL

I have original oil filter stickers for sale.

kito@sympatico.ca
TommyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #23
bldavis11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor
I am surprised they would expect it to function. I assumed that you could have the original in place for show but use a different one to arrive and leave. Can any old car really pass the battery criteria considering they go bad and there is no way to preserve them?

I hope not. I haven't even seen an original battery for sale in ages!
bldavis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #24
Ed Hoffman

I did some investigating on reproduction of the original Delco Freedom Battery. Restoration Battery Company told me that the Delphi Group still own the dies and unused cases to the batteries in question. Restoration Battery Co. has the rights to reproduce Delco batteries from 1953 to the 1970's style. Delphi will not authorize any release of their dies or cases. So that is the final word. I guess we take our 10 judging point off of the 4500 we start with and become a 99.8 car. All that is needed is 97.0 or better the be awarded the McLallan Mark of Excellence. I have two original PF970C black Oil filters. Both have labels in grey and black. The original does not have a label with a bar code on the box or the filter. Be careful if someone says they have an original. The Box the original comes in states "90-92-ZR1 Oil Filter.
Ed Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #25
Ed Hoffman

Regarding replacing the original non functional battery with a new working battery. When you present your car to the judging field you go thru an Operational check. This includes starting the engine. You have to have a working battery prior to judging.
Old 05-28-2007   #26
Z Factor

Cool Re: Going to NCRS in August, need help

Hi Ed, thanks for the replies.

You have come up with some informative posts and have received some well deserved reputation points as a result.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #27
Ed Hoffman

JR, I suffered from the same lack of original parts, ie. Windshield Wipers, oil Filter, and battery. I have since found a set of 20" arrowhead end design, and a new replacement Delco Freedom battery (Dated 2007), and an original PF970C oil filter. Ebay is selling what is called original PF970C filters. The photo shows the lable on these filters has a bar code, that is not correct. The lable is bigger, black lettering and silver background, without a bar code. If you find one in the original box, the back of the box lable will state 90-92 ZR-1 Corvette. That is an original. I found an excellent pair of wiper blades in a junk yard. They came off of a 94 LT-1 that was a total. Check with your local salvage yard.
Old 05-28-2007   #28
Z Factor

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #29
Ed Hoffman

As I view the excellent photos, the box on the left has a red AC logo, and red color that depicts the inside view of the filter, including red printing. Does the back of the filter box indicate what year the filter on the left is for. I know the box on the right is an original. The one on the right should have white letters, on a blue backgroud reading 90-92 ZR-1 Corvette. I also wonder if you might have a photo of the small foam filter that fits the Air induction pump on the front, left hand side, of the motor. I am going to try a make one, but I do not know the demensions.

Last edited by Ed Hoffman; 05-28-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2007   #30
Dave 90ZR-1

The filters in the picture will not get you full NCRS judging points. They are service replacements. Th original filter is a PF970. No "C" in the number and "Duraguard" is not printed on the lable. The original filter was only installed at the factory and was not for sale to the public. You will see original filters on crate LT5 motors that have never been installed. I have never seen an original filter for sale but you never know. If anyone has any different information on these filters let me know. This is the standard we are currently using when judging 90-91 ZR-1.

Dave
Dave 90ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote