ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-21-2020   #21
bb62

Default Re: 26 mile! 95 ZR-1 on BaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
One of the commenters stated that the leather for the seats was
provided by Connelly? Never heard that one before? And, I don't believe it...
If true, maybe Connelly had a bunch of defective cows that they pawned off on GM?
I was that poster who stated that the 94 freshening used Connelly Leather. For what it's worth, my neighbor was the interior manager for the 94 freshening project for GM. I confirmed that Connelly leather was used. Why was it not advertised or in any way noted on the vehicle? Because GM was not willing to pay the royalty payments that would have been required to advertise the Connelly name and the purchasing controllers office had the final say as to the pricing targets for the interior components. Therefore, no Connelly logo was included on any of the leather imported by GM.

As an ex-Ford manager (although in the powertrain world), I've seen this type of thing often. The vehicle office has to make trade-offs between cost and function or marketability. From a GM marketing perspective, they probably had a choice between using the Connelly name and using those royalty dollars on something else that they thought would bring better value to the Corvette buyer in those days. Believe me or not, I don't really care.
bb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020   #22
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb62 View Post
I was that poster who stated that the 94 freshening used Connelly Leather. For what it's worth, my neighbor was the interior manager for the 94 freshening project for GM. I confirmed that Connelly leather was used. Why was it not advertised or in any way noted on the vehicle? Because GM was not willing to pay the royalty payments that would have been required to advertise the Connelly name and the purchasing controllers office had the final say as to the pricing targets for the interior components. Therefore, no Connelly logo was included on any of the leather imported by GM.

As an ex-Ford manager (although in the powertrain world), I've seen this type of thing often. The vehicle office has to make trade-offs between cost and function or marketability. From a GM marketing perspective, they probably had a choice between using the Connelly name and using those royalty dollars on something else that they thought would bring better value to the Corvette buyer in those days. Believe me or not, I don't really care.
Actually one of the most interesting ZR-1 related bits of info I've read. Was the Connelly leather used for all C4s, or just the ZR-1?
Thanks for sharing that!

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020   #23
Blownrunner

Well, this says something about 'future value' discussions. Did you notice the 'Rogers Corvette' license plate? This guy has the yellow with black stripe c3 with the special all aluminum engine that was never supposed to be sold to the public, probably worth $5 million or so (look in current edition of Corvette Vues Magazine). Two L88 cars, at C5 with 2 miles on it, a C4 GS w/ red interior, quite a few really rare cars. Look him up on the Web, out of Orlando. Then he goes and sells this 26 mile 95' zr-1...
Blownrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020   #24
lfalzarano

I bought my ?90 ZR-1 from Roger. It had only 6K in 2000. Roger does not negotiate, but he will fix anything on the car if requested. His cars are all untouched originals.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 09-22-2020   #25
Corvette95

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
I bought my ?90 ZR-1 from Roger. It had only 6K in 2000. Roger does not negotiate, but he will fix anything on the car if requested. His cars are all untouched originals.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
I have to disagree about Rogers, I bought my 95 there and had an undisclosed issue on it (front bumper), even hired a third party independent inspector to come look at it and I was right, there was an issue with the front bumper (repainted), Roger did not make it right. I paid full asking price which was over 50k at the time.
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote