ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017   #21
Gunny

Default Re: Mountain Run 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
George, How long does the brewery tour take?

How many drivers in the aggressive group plan on taking in the brewery tour?
The brewery tour (free) takes approx. 1 hour, followed by a visit to the tasting room (optional and not free). The first tour is at 11:30 AM, second tour at 12:00, and so on with a maximum of 20 in each tour. I don't yet have a total count of how many are planning on the brewery tour much less broken down to aggressive group. The brewery tour is on Monday, a day where we all have the same route and less conducive to breaking down into different groups. We can chat about that in a couple of weeks after I return home (currently on a road trip out west).

To recap the brewery scenario: assuming 40 taking the tour, the first 20 starts at 11:30 followed by the second 20 at 12:00. Following the tour and possibly a quick stop at the tasting room, we can either walk a short distance to a nearby restaurant (or drive) for lunch, then depart for Gatlinburg.
Old 02-20-2017   #22
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowridr View Post
Thanks Gunny for getting back to me via PM. Talking with wife now about logistics on this end which leads to another question. So the plan is, on the final day, to drive up to BG see museum then head back without an overnite?

I may contemplate staying overnite in BG too. I may also pass on the Brewery tour since not a beer drinker. What's the alternate for those not doing the Brewery tour?

Robert

Haha! Just noticed I've been a member since December 2012 n this is my first post!
Not certain I'm understanding your first question but will try. The final day, Wednesday, is the run from Gatlinburg to BG with the purpose of attending the annual C4 Gathering at the NCM (there's another thread on the forums about this event). Most, but not all, mountain run participants go to BG, stay at the Holiday Inn University Plaza, and participate in the various activities/events of the C4 Gathering (there will be some really good track time on the new NCM track). The C4 Gathering ends on Saturday night. So if you do both, you have a full week of Corvette activities. Anyone not wishing to make the Wed. trek to BG would be free to drive back home, spend another day in the mountains, or do whatever their schedule permits.

The brewery tour is quite interesting in that you see the entire behind the scenes operation of a significant craft brewery that is state of the art, having just been built within the last year. The tasting room is only one aspect and, especially since we are driving to Gatlinburg, we would expect everyone who does visit the tasting room, to do so in a responsible manner. Should you not want to do the brewery tour you are about 5 minutes from downtown Asheville which is very interesting to visit ... you could take an hour to sightsee and then meet the group for lunch before we make the afternoon run to Gatlinburg.
Old 02-20-2017   #23
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowridr View Post
... Just noticed I've been a member since December 2012 n this is my first post!
Where in GA are you located?
Old 02-20-2017   #24
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakleenupman View Post
Sent you a PM

Sent from my iPad using ZR-1 Net Registry
PM hasn't arrived - but maybe it's slow. Click this LINK to send me a direct email.
Old 02-20-2017   #25
slowridr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Where in GA are you located?
Fayetteville

Gunny my apologies I didn't even make the connection concerning the C4 gathering. I have read about it here on the forum before.... makes complete sense now.
Old 02-20-2017   #26
ZR-1 Guy

Count us in! Reservations are made and we are counting the days (83). We'd both like to join the New Belgium Tour as well.
Thanks again for putting this all together for us!
Glenn & Theresa
Old 02-20-2017   #27
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR-1 Guy View Post
Count us in! Reservations are made and we are counting the days (83). We'd both like to join the New Belgium Tour as well.
Thanks again for putting this all together for us!
Glenn & Theresa
Great! You're going to enjoy the NB Tour, maybe almost as much as the roads we're going to drive.
Old 02-20-2017   #28
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Not certain I'm understanding your first question but will try. The final day, Wednesday, is the run from Gatlinburg to BG with the purpose of attending the annual C4 Gathering at the NCM (there's another thread on the forums about this event). Most, but not all, mountain run participants go to BG, stay at the Holiday Inn University Plaza, and participate in the various activities/events of the C4 Gathering (there will be some really good track time on the new NCM track). The C4 Gathering ends on Saturday night. So if you do both, you have a full week of Corvette activities. Anyone not wishing to make the Wed. trek to BG would be free to drive back home, spend another day in the mountains, or do whatever their schedule permits.

The brewery tour is quite interesting in that you see the entire behind the scenes operation of a significant craft brewery that is state of the art, having just been built within the last year. The tasting room is only one aspect and, especially since we are driving to Gatlinburg, we would expect everyone who does visit the tasting room, to do so in a responsible manner. Should you not want to do the brewery tour you are about 5 minutes from downtown Asheville which is very interesting to visit ... you could take an hour to sightsee and then meet the group for lunch before we make the afternoon run to Gatlinburg.
OK great. Because I was getting confused on where it said anything about just a stopover in BG.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
Old 02-20-2017   #29
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
OK great. Because I was getting confused on where it said anything about just a stopover in BG.
MR5 - Sun-Wed (the Wed. portion of MR5 is the drive from Gatlinburg to BG)
C4 Gathering - Wed-Sat

Attend both for an outstanding week of Vette activities (or is that activities while in a Vette?)
Old 02-20-2017   #30
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Bring your camera...and Dramamine (just in case!!!) Woo Hoo!!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Closed Thread