ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 05-17-2006   #21
65ZR1

Default Re: WTB LT5 Engine

Thanks for the welcome WB9MCW. Ive been here before but Ive been absent for quite some time now. Im building a 65 coupe sitting on a round tube frame. The motor, suspension and many other parts were donated by the unfortunate demise of a 94 Z. The project went off track due to other comittments but its going again now! I will post some pics soon.

Cheers
65ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #22
nmitch2311

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccrab
Hey Norman!

Here's a '95 LT5 for sale, complete.
The price is just a teenie weenie, itsy bitsy, fuing outrageous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

*sheesh*

TomC
'90ZR1 #792

Outrageous isn't the word. It should be against the law. I mean, come on. $22,000 for an LT5. I would be better off buying a ZR1 and strip the vette just for the engine which would be ludicrous. I can't come to a reason on why such a high asking price. I do remember talking to the seller. He gave me a chance to buy the engine prior to listing on ebay.

Last edited by nmitch2311; 05-18-2006 at 06:25 PM.
nmitch2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #23
nmitch2311

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack
there is a 368 for sale in the ad section....someone know about that engine...if i can work out a deal with the owner,my engine might be for sale
blackjack
91/1735

How much do want for your engine if you decide to go that route?

Norman
nmitch2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #24
2lpzr1s

Hi; new to the registry. Re the 368 I concidered trying to purchase the motor I asked for paperwork and what i got said 385 race assembly and the 1994 price. when i asked about the discrepancy i got oh yeah i posted it wrongand am going to redo the add today .that was 2 wks ago It was also shared that the engine was in a storage unit. he wasn't very forth coming on how it was put to bed or how long he's owned it. i also asked for the ph of the person it was bought from .his reply i lost contact with him. it may be on the up and up but to me something not right. Hope this helps.
2lpzr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #25
WB9MCW

Lightbulb Re: WTB LT5 Engine

Ok guys I'm gonna turn you on to a little secret I have been keeping for a while!

I just happen to know where 18 "brand spanky new" LT-5's are sitting in perfect shape!

One promise though....Remember where you found this.... Here on the ZR-1 Net/Registry Forum....Not on CF, CAC, Crossed Flags, ESS or any other forum but right here on "the true home of the ZR-1"....All I ask in return is that you do NOT bring it up on any of the other forums and keep "our little secret" here where the true ZR-1/LT-5 Diehards hang out (the NET is Ok since it is our other half here)....Not to say or imply that the other forums are not KOOL because anywhere ZR-1/LT-5 is spoken about is KOOL... but this, in my humble thinking, is where the "true to the breed" ZRONERS hang out!!! Nuff said...

I found this treasure while watching Hot Rod Power Tour on Speed one night...

Here is how the story unfolded.....

HOT ROD MAGAZINE POWER TOUR 2001
Tuesday, May 8 — Tulsa, OK
to Amarillo, TX

Oh man, what a day. You won’t believe it. I’ve seen it all. I’ve been to the mountain top. I’ve been there, done that. I’ve... I’ve... Well, I’m speechless. Let me tell you what happened...

Last night at dinner, Jack Trepanier casually mentioned he was going to see a fellow who had some neat old cars. Fords at that. Some of ’em were race cars. Were we interested?

Darn right we were.

So much for sleeping those two extra hours for the short trip to Amarillo. We got up early, formed up a mini-Tour of interested folks in-the-know, and blasted-off. Our destination? Ripley, Oklahoma, believe it or not. Jack’s friend is a major land baron, owning 1/3 of the entire town (there are three buildings, and he owns one of them). His name? Rick Kirk.

Rick owns a little ol’ machine shop down a little ol’ road in little ol’ Ripley, Oklahoma. And, he just happens to own the most extensive collection of race Fords anywhere. Where did he get all those cool cars? Well, Ford calls him when they need a historic race car for a promo shot. By the way, he also owns a really sophisticated alarm system, so put those nefarious thoughts out of your mind before you go any further.

So, inside we went, first to his little ol’ machine shop, where odds and ends abounded. Want a ’63 Econoline Step Van with a mid-engined Lincoln Mark VIII mod motor?

There’s one here. And look, no driveshaft.

Rick says we’ll see it on next year’s Power Tour.

Need old Shelby stuff?

Rick’s got that, too, along with one of only three Shelby watches in existence. Too bad the photos of it didn’t turn out. Rick knows everything about his eccentric collection, and is more than glad to share the knowledge. Here, he patiently answers a question about a young Linda Vaughn in a poster on the back wall.

Trust me, this quiet unassuming man is the genuine article.

Need a set of NOS, in-the-box, Holman & Moody 427 SOHC heads?

Rick’s got them, too. How many you need?

How about 18 LT-1 motors for a ZR-1 Corvette? Yep, they’re in the crates, just sittin’ and collectin’ dust. (I just threw that in to show he’s more than a Ford guy. Equal opportunity, you know.)

It’s all here — every part, sign and promo piece you could imagine.

Rick is my new hero. Think he’ll adopt me? Maybe he’s got an unmarried daughter? I hope my wife understands why I’ve turned into a bigamist. It’s really important.

Oh yeah, other odds and ends — how about one of the two motors out of Mickey Thompson’s Streamliner that set a new record at Bonneville, but was unable to back it up because of rain?

Here it is, just as it was pulled out of the car.

*****NOTE***** IS IT A WRONG STATEMENT...LT-1...IT SHOULD BE LT-5 OF COURSE....BUT THIS IS A GOOD THING SINCE IT ADDS TO THE SECRET....

Here is the link for the entire story and kudos to Hot Rod Mag. and Mothers Wax for the cyber article that is still on the internet allowing me to share it all with you guys now!!! Which just proves that when we hot rod guys hang togather great networking results... I always loved Hot Rod mag as a kid long b4 my Chevy/Vette love affair began which lead to my ultimate ZR-1 addiction....

http://www.mothers.com/powertour/pow...001_May08.html

Now after a bit of google snooping I came up with the following....and it was not an easy find...took me about an hour of snooping....(maybe now there might be a listing under his name since google is evolving all the time...but back then it was not...) Here is what I finally found the key to the secret...

BLUE THUNDER DEALERS

This partial list of BLUE THUNDER DEALERS have the interest and capability of advising you of the best version of the "BLUE THUNDER" head for your application, and can provide further assistance reference any "BLUE THUNDER" product.

And this big list of the dealers was posted and guess what!!!

I found him there....and here is the final key to unlock the "Ultimate pristine collection of LT-5's" just sitting aroun in a good olde boy's machine shop in Ripley, Oklahoma....

RICK KIRK ENTERPRISES
6404 N. Ripley Rd.
Ripley, OK 74062 …… (918) 372-4537
Ford oriented specialty engine builder with complete machine shop.
http://www.bluethunderauto.com/dealers.html

One final promise....Please make sure you tell Rick how you learned about him...take the time to have notes on the story how it all unfolded... Mothers/Hot Rod Mag. Power tour/Blue Thunder Dealers...I know it will be painfull to talk up Fords...but you are going to have to convince the man you are worthy of one of these babys... AND BE SURE TO MENTION ZR-1 NET/REGISTRY.... as the real place that the "secret" was told to you!!!

And be sure to post back here with us about your success and project so that we may advise others in the future on how to obtain a pristine LT-5 from a man who no doubt is a lover of all "HOT ROD ENGINES" and took the time and money to save such a treasure.

I hope it works out for you if you do get a hold of an LT-5 from Mr Kirk and tell him us ZRONER's love him for it!!!

I have to say this has to be the ultimate gift of knowledge/secret I have ever posted on the forum...yes even better than all the "Vette Babe 4 the Day" photos combined... But I felt it was time to share now this "ultimate secret" when good use of these motors can be acheived and you guys who want to do KOOL LT-5 rides can find "the real deal" in storage by a man who loves all things "HOT ROD"..... even if he happens to prefer a.....

and don't forget to wax your daily driver with some

and buy a....mag every now and then.... because with out their support of hot rodders this little secret would have never happend....Good Luck...and may your "ULTIMATE LT-5 DREAM RIDE" turn from your mind fantasy into reality....
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #26
tomtom72

Bryan you find the needle in the haystack! Sherlock Holmes ain't got nuth'in on you!

I'll bet that gent knows what that stuff is worth, proly wouldn't be any give aways....but if ya need an LT5, well ya just gotta cough it up. I wonder how long before the hard core ZRoners start buying high milers for donar cars?? Kind of like the black market for transplant organs!

Too rich for my blood...I guess I'll try to take real good care of my drivetrain & hope it lasts till I can't get into a C4 any longer...then I'll get a C5 auto!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #27
2lpzr1s

I bought my 2 for 14000 and 11500 one black and one red .red one off the original owner had 140000 mi . secondaries inop but new paint clutch tires .Sec prob a disc vac line to manifold diff. ;with borla ex #348 rwhp and runs like new .Black one traded 92 lt1 +2k from used car lot in Reno 21/2yrs ago.Now has headers flowmasterex. 372rwhp. Sure would haved loved to put the?368-385 but really have a problem with people who aren't up front from the get go. ALSO sketchy paper work. The seller might be ok but just couldn't get past first it's a368 then can't get ahold of him for 10 days after asking for paperwork aND LIKE MAJIC IT'S A385 who is he david Copperfield? Just wanted to share with the group to beware. Ever since meeting Uly @ vegas ; this is a great goupe of people whos passion with these cars I share. Heck I used to be a ford guy for 30yrs.
Old 05-21-2006   #28
Z Factor

Thumbs up Re: WTB LT5 Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lpzr1s
Hi; new to the registry.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #29
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW
Ok guys I'm gonna turn you on to a little secret I have been keeping for a while!
I must say I was a little concerned when I read the first sentence, especially after you posted the picture of the guy in the babes section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW

I just happen to know where 18 "brand spanky new" LT-5's are sitting in perfect shape!

One promise though....Remember where you found this.... Here on the ZR-1 Net/Registry Forum....Not on CF, CAC, Crossed Flags, ESS or any other forum but right here on "the true home of the ZR-1"....All I ask in return is that you do NOT bring it up on any of the other forums and keep "our little secret" here where the true ZR-1/LT-5 Diehards hang out (the NET is Ok since it is our other half here)....Not to say or imply that the other forums are not KOOL because anywhere ZR-1/LT-5 is spoken about is KOOL... but this, in my humble thinking, is where the "true to the breed" ZRONERS hang out!!! Nuff said...
Imagine my relief reading the next few lines.

Needless to say it is great that you are exclusively sharing the info with other ZR-1Net Registry members.
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #30
2lpzr1s

Thanx for the welcome. I know this off subject a little but who does good work on 369 or 385? or how often does a 385 car come up for sale and aprox cost?