ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-10-2008   #21
Nick

Default Re: Dymags: which color

The darker color looks great. I really like the darker color John has on his 5 spoked '91.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #22
Zr1 Destroyer

The silver has a nice clean look to it!
Zr1 Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #23
Hammer

Talking Re: Dymags: which color

Quote:
Originally Posted by petefias
I have polished A-molds on a torch red car and after a track session they look very similar to your picture. As long as I don't touch it and the color is uniform it actually looks cool. It does have a darker shade on the lip than on the center of the wheel, though. Maybe I should just clearcoat it with the brake dust on to preserve that "racer's look".
Now that's funny stuff right there.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #24
Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2

I really like the color of those wheels !
Thanks a lot. they look a lot better in person and "they don't show the brake dust". Ha Ha
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Old 02-10-2008   #25
Arctic91

I've always liked the darker color of John's wheels... I wondered what the story was behind the coating.

I'm probably going to go with the std (lighter) silver A Molds. The polished ones don't seem right to me on a white car, like mine. It just seems too bright - like there's not enough contrast. They look great on the darker cars though!!

I'd still consider white, but if it's between the light or dark silvers - I'd go with the dark.

'95 Callaway SNAT 450 Aerobody Coupe - Black/Black
'92 Callaway SNAT 400 Convertible - Polo Green/Beige
'91 ZR-1 #1231 - Arctic White/Saddle (SOLD)
'90 ZR-1 #2547 - Turquoise Metallic/Black
'89 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe #027 - Black/Black
'85 Corvette 454 Coupe - White/Red
Arctic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #26
Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic91
I've always liked the darker color of John's wheels... I wondered what the story was behind the coating.

I'm probably going to go with the std (lighter) silver A Molds. The polished ones don't seem right to me on a white car, like mine. It just seems too bright - like there's not enough contrast. They look great on the darker cars though!!

I'd still consider white, but if it's between the light or dark silvers - I'd go with the dark.
Scott,
When did you become the Colorado Director? Congrats, you have a good number of people out there to put an event together. I found two and one wasn't to sociable. I'll make an effort to get together with the one guy this year. Demps has moved now so I am it as far as I know.
John
Old 02-10-2008   #27
Arctic91

John,

Thanks... don't know if you remember me emailing you back in Dec when I was in DC on "business"? Anyway, you got me in touch with Bob Hall and the rest is history. It's a very short and unremarkable story.

There are quite a members here in CO now - most of us are fairly new to the registry (and I've met only one person who described themselves as "unsociable" - maybe it's the same person?). Anyway, I was working on a spreadsheet that had info on all the local members and their cars but it got nuked when my laptop **** the bed. Not the most important thing I lost, but there were several hours work invested in it. Still need to find the time to rebuild that and get it out to everyone in-state. Good lesson to all: back up your files!!

The only thing in the works for us is a highlighting of the ZR-1 at a Co Springs event in May. If you want to make the drive, there should be some nice scenery along the way. I'm hoping that the local crowd can get together in the next couple months for something casual, just to put faces to names.

Scott

'95 Callaway SNAT 450 Aerobody Coupe - Black/Black
'92 Callaway SNAT 400 Convertible - Polo Green/Beige
'91 ZR-1 #1231 - Arctic White/Saddle (SOLD)
'90 ZR-1 #2547 - Turquoise Metallic/Black
'89 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe #027 - Black/Black
'85 Corvette 454 Coupe - White/Red
Arctic91 is offline   Reply With Quote