ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northeast Region

Old 02-26-2013   #21
94Admiral

Default Re: NE Group GTG Sunday March 3 2013

Ugh. I'm out for Sunday. Wife is out of town and son's hockey game was re-scheduled for 11:15 AM. Please post up any pix and ideas that you guys come up with. Thx.
[COLOR=red][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1991 Red/Red [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 350 500 HP [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Corsa Exhaust and [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]4:10 Dana 44 gears[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST][COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1994 Admiral Blue/[COLOR=silver]Grey[/COLOR] [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 368 530 HP[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]DRM Coilovers, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]Baer EradiSpeed Brakes, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]B&B 4th generation exhaust, 18" Face Polished Fikse FM5s, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]4:10 Dana 44 gears, and a BB tranny. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]
94Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #22
Mystic ZR-1

For you guys that have to travel a ways to attend, the weather looks good for Sunday! We're also gonna have a couple door prizes! Save some space on your garage wall... (I know better than to say your living room wall)
Scott: Sorry we'll miss you, we'll be able to connect one of these days? Will keep you in the "loop". Burgeritaville, Dandy Donuts or F40 Cars & Coffee this year?
Big John: See ya Saturday for breakfast, can we travel in the '38? B's Bimmer is available.
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #23
jrd1990zr1

Doug,

Sorry for the late response. I plan to be there!

John

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013   #24
batchman

Well I almost stood a chance - thought I'd be passing through on my way back from LI but that's off another week I think. Have a great time guys!
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #25
andersra

It was great to see everyone today. As I got back into town after our meeting, I took a slightly less direct route to my house. What did I see, but a 1990 Black ZR-1 pulling into the local Rite Aid. I don't think I ever ran across a ZR-1 on the road before. I pulled in after him and met him. He told me he had just gotten his car back from Marc Haibeck. He said he hadn't heard of the ZR-1 Registry our our local owners group. I gave him our information. We will probably have another member. Must be a good omen for 2013.
andersra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #26
efnfast

Had a great time, thanks Doug for organizing this. Sounds like some good events coming up this year. Hope to see everyone at every event. -Steve
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #27
Mystic ZR-1

Great turnout! We had 15 people show up! Some drove almost 3 hours to attend! It was great to see you guys (and girl)! Thanks for coming!!!! Unfortunately no Zs showed up, but after all, it's still Winter here in the NE. Much interest was shown in Big John's 5/4 scale GMC pickup... I got to commute with him and there's certainly a different perspective of the road and surrounding scenery when you're riding about 8 feet above it! What we lacked in Zs was more than made up in enthusiasm and comraderie! Yes, we're all part of a real "Brotherhood"!
Lots of ideas for events etc were tossed around, more on that in later posts. Several of the world's problems were resolved as well...! A couple doorprizes, framed prints, cutaways of an LT5 and a ZF6 were raffled off too and will be "gracing" some garage walls. It was a nice late winter diversion to get our minds back where they belong, on our ZR-1s! The snow and cold weather will be gone soon and we can hit the roads again!
Plans were made to do it again on June 2nd only this time with ZR-1s in attendance! If ya couldn't make yesterday's GTG, start planning now to attend the next one. Maybe we can incorporate some kind of road tour into the agenda? Stay tuned for details as they develop.
A little further out, July 6, is the American LeMans Northeast Grand Prix @ Lime Rock Park here in CT. We've had good turnouts the last couple years for our ZR-1 GTGs as part of that event's GM sponsored Corvette Corral. Maybe this year with a little "promotion" we can make it a GREAT turnout??? Watch the C6Rs kick some Porsche and Ferrari butt! Everyone should consider attending, not just us NE asylum inmates! More details to follow!
See ya soon,
Doug
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #28
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Great turnout!!

Way to go Doug

Wish I could have attended.

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #29
LOKIN4TRBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersra View Post
It was great to see everyone today. As I got back into town after our meeting, I took a slightly less direct route to my house. What did I see, but a 1990 Black ZR-1 pulling into the local Rite Aid. I don't think I ever ran across a ZR-1 on the road before. I pulled in after him and met him. He told me he had just gotten his car back from Marc Haibeck. He said he hadn't heard of the ZR-1 Registry our our local owners group. I gave him our information. We will probably have another member. Must be a good omen for 2013.

Hello All, I am the black 90 driving around in the flurries on sunday 3/3/13. Your member was kind enough to pull over and say Hi and introduce me to your organization. Please keep me up to speed on upcoming events and if anyone can use my assistance let me know. Nice to know there is a group of zr1 owners locally. Thanks , Bob
LOKIN4TRBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #30
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKIN4TRBL View Post
Hello All, I am the black 90 driving around in the flurries on sunday 3/3/13. Your member was kind enough to pull over and say Hi and introduce me to your organization. Please keep me up to speed on upcoming events and if anyone can use my assistance let me know. Nice to know there is a group of zr1 owners locally. Thanks , Bob
Welcome Bob!!!!

How long have you had your ZR-1?

Any pictures you can share?

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote