ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-30-2005   #21
Aurora40

Default Re: Frequency/Seasonal

I get that dirty back-end too. It's terrible! Even after one drive I can wipe black off the back. I wonder if it's oil, though.

As to water in the body, I use a product called Protect-All's Quick and Easy Wash. It isn't a waterless wash, but it is hoseless (so I can wash in the garage). You need two buckets of water, but you won't get water pooled in the body this way. I am wary of using it on the car if it's really dirty, though.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #22
buddyboy

Serious withdrawals here in good ole Indiana. There is not many days here that I can take the Z out. I just polish her up and remember better days. I unhook the battery but start her up at least once a month. I'll be back on the road again in April.

1992 ZR1 #330 White/White
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #23
tomtom72

I don't know how you guys that live where it really snows do it! At least in this neck o the woods there are some weeks where the salt is gone & the roads are good. At least I can drive it around to get to the interstate so I can clear the cobb webs out. I know how hard it was last year, my first winter with a Z, when after Dec. there was nothing to do except clean it!

The only bad part of winter driving in my area is the pot holes are out in full force...it's kinda like a mine field. Usually I don't bother after the first salting, too much stress & too many pot holes. I hate salt!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #24
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
I get that dirty back-end too. It's terrible! Even after one drive I can wipe black off the back. I wonder if it's oil, though.
Even the C5's get it but that car's rear doesn't have as many "shelfs" for it to collect on!
I used to wonder about that too because some of the dirt was like moist in spots. Strange thing is that once I did up the breather box the dirt is now dry & I can blow it off. It was almost imperceptable but there were some spots where the CA duster would smear it. I know on I was loosing alot from my box because the corner of the oil pan where the drain exit is was stained & I could see liquid oil in the tube! That was a bad leak! My bolts were not even finger tight!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote