ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2015   #1
Z06scentair

Default Restoring a 1964 Impala

Very cool story behind this car.

My old man has a very good friend who purchased the car brand new in 1964, few years later he was shipped off to Vietnam. While he was away his wife wrecked the front of the car and it sit in the backyard until his duty was over in 1971.

He had the front fender/hood replaced and the car repainted. Shortly after he bought a small local hometown auto repair center that prospered very weel through 2005. He drove the car to work each and everyday, when he sold the buisness and retired in 2005 the car was parked. He had expectation of restoring the car.

My old man had been trying to buy the car since the late 80's with no success. In 2010 the owner called my old man and said if you'll restore the car I will sell it to you with one condition. Once the car is completed you bring it by and let me drive it one last time.

Long story to and end we have been working on the car since 2012, replacing hood, decklid, and repairing rust area's. We sprayed the car two weeks ago and are in the process of wet-sanding and buffing allday today. It should be back on the road in approx a month.

1964 Impala 327 SS automatic in the floor.

Daytona blue with blue interior.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.2 KB, 16 views)
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote