ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11-23-2016   #21
orthodoct

Default Re: FX3 actuator rebuild/roll pins

P.S.: Did the gnat let out a squeal?? With the way that things are going legally, probably legal to marry him or her! Have fun!
Ty
orthodoct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016   #22
secondchance

Talking Re: FX3 actuator rebuild/roll pins

Gnat was quiet. I squealed with frustration!
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016   #23
orthodoct

Great answer!
Old 11-23-2016   #24
orthodoct

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

Towel clip pictures
Old 11-23-2016   #25
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
I must of lucked out I was able to order at Gedore on Ebay nice punch
I did not have the luck with the Gedore punch on ebay, might have all been gone when I got to look for them in that size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoct View Post
Hi secondchance. Regarding lining up the holes, I am spoiled with acesss to some incredible instruments as an orthopaedic surgeon. There is an instrument known as a pointed towel clip that we use to secure drapes around a surgical field. They have tapered points and when the tips are passed through the holes in the gear and shaft of the shock, they line up he holes perfectly. BTW, Captain Z CNC now stocks the 1.5mm by 6.0mm pins needed to install the gears. If some one can tell me how to post a picture, I'll take a picture of the towel clips and try to find an online source. Roadster, I noted the "Serpent" brand on your punch and roll pins. I built two of their gas powered remote controlled cars. Awesome machines; 0-70 REAL mph in two seconds! They were kits, $1500 each not including engine or radios, made in Holland. Still have them upstairs in my theater room on display!
Will have to check out Captain Z.....Serpent was the brand for the pins, as the punch was from South Korea and a different brand. The punch seems very well manufactured. Have no idea about the remote cars you mentioned. They must be really something though, talk about fast, has to be a very fun hobby and expensive......

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016   #26
Roadster

Your towel clip pics did not post.....
Easiest way to post pics for me is to upload them to photobucket and then copy from wherever they will be in your library with that particular link and paste on your post, works well.

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016   #27
orthodoct

Yessir, those pins were for Serpent cars. I recognize the logo. Is another expensive hobby just like working on our cars. They are INCREDIBLY fast with a two speed transmission, working shocks and suspension, four wheel drive with Kevlar belts. The receiver would shut down the throttle if it lost transmitter contact. They were about 18 inches long and really would hit 70mph in 2 seconds. They could get away from you FAST thus the reason for the throttle shutoff. Weighed maybe five pounds and the engine produced 3.5 hp. Do the math for the power to weight ratio. I'll post a couple of pictures if it isn't against the rules of being "off topic". Absolutely magnificent creatures and you built them from kits at about a hundred hours each. Made you cry and seek your "safe space" if you crashed one. What say you friend Goldcyclon??

Regards:
Ty
Old 11-23-2016   #28
orthodoct

Hi Roadster. I spent over an hour trying to get those damned pictures to post. I have built three Windows machines, but ever since Windows 8 came out, I have wished Microsoft a fiery eternity in hell. I have a MacBook that does great until you want it to do something different. Google the clamp and you will see what it looks like. Surgical instruments are VERY EXPENSIVE, but I saw one for about fifty dollars. All surgical instruments are hand made in Germany and are old school. As a surgeon, I get to use wonderful tools; my shoulder arthroscopy equipment cost over half a million dollars! I'll try what you suggested, but with Mac, I'm not too optimistic. Google the instrument and see what you find. Definitely a "niche" tool, but irreplaceable if you need it? I'll try again to post the pictures. Frustrating for me too!
Ty
Old 11-24-2016   #29
george1945

Are the original pins the split variety, or solid?
george1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016   #30
orthodoct

Split. Metric, 1.5mm by 6.0mm. Split diameter by my caliper is 1.54mm which allows for slight crush to retain them.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry