ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-03-2009   #11
jimmac28

Default Re: Honestly would you rather have a z06?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 View Post
NO

1994 Corvette convertible Sold.

92 #178, Haibeck chip,Hawk brake's,RC injectors, B&B cat back, X-Pipe and 49th St. Rockers sold.

jimmac28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #12
Hammer

Talking Re: Honestly would you rather have a z06?

The ZR-1 does it for me. I remember when they came out, sticker shock for sure. And the performance was second to none. I also have a Yamaha Vmax that is in the same catagory as far as performance goes. They both rocked their respective worlds when introduced.

A 441 (or bigger) would definetly be sweet.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #13
billybaloneey

With the exception of most C1's, C2' & C3's, prices continue to drop...including our ZR-1's. A week doesn't go by on this forum when some new or old member tells of a great ZR-1 deal they made or are thinking about making. With that said, the Z06's are dropping in price too. Soon, if not already, there are some C5 Z06 deals to be had...and more to come. The C6 Z06 deals are few and far between because they still retain "new-ness".

Can't say I would rather have a Z06, but I would jump at the chance to own one, in addition to keeping the ZR-1. I'm not activly looking but there should, or soon will be Z06's at semi-affordable prices.

The "Mis-riz" would not allow it, even if it was a steal-of-a-deal, unless I gave up something I have now. Women...most of them...they just don't understand how Corvette's effect guys.

'94 - C4 ZR-1 #445 - Black/Black
'05 - C6 silver/black 6sp
'85 - C4 white/graphite (almost done) automatic
'78 - C3 silver/black (a work in progress) automatic
billybaloneey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #14
tomtom72

Okay right now my thinking is impaired due to some issues......

But, sometimes I think it would be nice to have a car that I can get parts for easily. I think a ZO6 doesn't suffer from our passion's particular situation of being a "one of a kind".

The one thing that I would miss sorely is the "feeling" you get from owning a really unique part of the corvette line, even if you are the only one that realizes that fact!

Oh, and the relative silence from the engine room that you experience as you move on a deserted super highway at night on your way to the Gathering at BG.......that is something special!

I guess, on balance, I'd have to say "no" to the trade proposal.
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #15
secondchance

"Interesting question... I doubt most LT5 drivers would say yes and in my case...well I would say no too. But my reason might be a bit different than some others... I have a wonderful ZR and totally appreciate its uniqueness and historic engineering... of course the engine is a standout and having owned Lotus cars there is a special connection there for me.
I also own a Lingenfelter set up C6 coupe (Lemans Blue)>>"

And may I say, Michael, they are an incredible pair!
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #16
XfireZ51

The Z06 is a car I would seriously consider in place of the ZR. However, when I first got the ZR, I had originally started out by looking at C5 Z06s. I was disappointed not by the power and handling but by how "flimsy" it felt. Interior wise the ZR wins hands down IMO.
I also thought about the transaxle on the C5 and difficulty in
doing any trans/clutch work. LS motor is great, but my current setup easily handles stock
LS 2 and 3 motors. The T-Top was another criteria. So right now, if GM gets healthy again, I'll wait and see what the C7 brings. Guess I am partial to smaller displacement motors.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #17
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
The ZR-1 does it for me.
Me too. I definitely wouldn't sell my Z for top dollar and then pay the difference for a Z06. Z06's don't do it for me. I love the stats and that GM makes something like that. But I just don't have any interest in one. I would of course trade straight-up for one, but only to sell it and buy something else (probably my Z back) and pocket the difference.

Now the new ZR1... That thing really hits the spot. However even if I could sell my Z for everything I had into it, I still couldn't afford a new ZR1. So it's irrelevant. And honestly, at the price some seem to go for, I'd probably try to get into a Ford GT instead. But again, irrelevant as I can't afford either.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #18
VetteMed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Me too. I definitely wouldn't sell my Z for top dollar and then pay the difference for a Z06. Z06's don't do it for me. I love the stats and that GM makes something like that. But I just don't have any interest in one. I would of course trade straight-up for one, but only to sell it and buy something else (probably my Z back) and pocket the difference.
That about sums it up for me too. I love my ZR-1, I wanted one from the time I first heard about them (of course, I was only about 10 years old at that time). 20 years later, it was worth the wait! I think the only way I'd sell it is to replace it with another ZR-1 (stroker, perhaps).
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #19
DMark

I sold my C5 Z06 to buy my ZR-1.

Yet....., I'm watching the price of C6 Z06s.

Once the Z06s drop to a certain point I might be in for one but would still keep the ZR-1. I think within a year or two we'll begin to see all C6s take a big hit in value.
LS3,LS6,LT1,LT5,L98,L82,L36,L79,L76
DMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #20
Eric870

I wish i could have both....
Eric870 is offline   Reply With Quote