ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 08-30-2009   #11
gbrtng

Default Re: 91' ZR1 BLACK MOTOR CAR FOR SALE VERY RARE

The black 1990 belongs to Glen Greider - it was the first engine pulled by Rippie and the last one completed.
Old 08-30-2009   #12
ZRWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng View Post
The black 1990 belongs to Glen Greider - it was the first engine pulled by Rippie and the last one completed.
Thanks very much for your post. Does he still own it?
Now their are only 3 on my list that I know norhing about.
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #13
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRWON View Post

Bill, here you go.

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/forum/...0&postcount=19
Old 08-30-2009   #14
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRWON View Post
He did two years ago which was the last time I talked with him. I'll send him a note and see.
Old 08-30-2009   #15
-=Jeff=-

As Far as I know George Crouse still has #2.. or did in June when I saw him
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #16
witdog2020

I have New info! The car was owned by Jay Grundyke! The owner of Dieline! He had this engine built by Kim Baker Racing with 1600 miles on the car. The car was Black/Black. They had the car painted white to signify Kim Bakers racing accomplishments and to model his race vettes. This car has traveled the country it was used to show what they can do with the Corvette and modifications they are selling. The car was built to all race specifications to model the cars. The car was sold to an associate of Jay, named Bill. Senior citizen discounts on the service records. He and his wife got divorced and she got the car. The car was traded after a few years on a brand new corvette. Thats when the owner that has it now purchased the car, and garaged it, never even plated the car. This car was also featured in a magazine in the early 90's. The previous owner could not remember which magazine or what year. This car probably is built probably better than most of the widow cars, thats not for me to judge. She also stated that they had the coil overs removed. This car may be 1 of 1, I have not seen any info of any more of these cars being built between Kim Baker and Dieline like this.
I have an email sent to Kim Baker and I hope to get a response. I have another email sent to Dymag. The wheels, I am told from a Dymag Rep. that these wheels may have never went into production this wide, and that only prototypes may have been released to the vendors. I am waiting on the response from Dymag across the water. They have confirmed they will know soon. They needed the serial number.

The car was put on the track for demonstration while Dieline owned the car, I don't know any speeds, just that it performed very well. After reading the " The Heart of the Beast" It looks as though the Father of the black motor was actually Kim Baker? GM,Mercruiser, Kim Baker and Dieline were actually working together prior to the black widow cars.

I will post the new info as I get it. The history of this car is very interesting. This car is very rare, and the value of the car seems to far exceed what the owner is asking for the car.
As soon as I receive all the info from Dymag, and I want to to give Kim Baker time to return my email, hopefully with all specifications in the engine. We will put the car on ebay if we get no takers here.
If anyone knows which publication this car was shown in, please let me know which edition, what year. I want to get as much info correct as possible on the car.

Thanks
witdog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #17
witdog2020

I'm still waiting on a return email from Baker, the car is still available if anyone is interested? Last call, I'm gonna advertise the car again this week a few places. We need to ship it down the road. Thanks to the guys who called we appreciated the info.

Thanks
witdog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #18
BlackWidow#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
As Far as I know George Crouse still has #2.. or did in June when I saw him
Hi Jeff! was good to see you again!

91 Black/Black ZR1, #2 of 8 black widow cars

15 black/red Z06

:hello:
BlackWidow#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #19
BlackWidow#2

In refenence to your Dymag wheels, I would think that they are 11" in front and 13" in the rear. The correct way to measure is inside the edges where the beads of the tires will seat. Outside of these edges is typically 1" wider, roughly. 11s and 13s were what was available back then. I do remember seeing a Dieline car at Corvettes at Carlisle back in the 90s. Good luck with your search.
George

91 Black/Black ZR1, #2 of 8 black widow cars

15 black/red Z06

:hello:

Last edited by BlackWidow#2; 09-11-2009 at 11:33 PM.
BlackWidow#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #20
LGAFF

I spoke to Randy Rippie, I asked him if they ever did motors for Kim Baker, and he said they did not.
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote