ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-23-2009   #11
Jason 91

Default Re: Rather interesting>>>

Very interesting information -- thanks for posting!

Tomtom, I'm with you in terms of enjoying the car as much as I can and being frustrated at how hard it is to keep it looking brand new.

The thing that surprised me were the prices on the 1991's. Of course, these are probably show cars that we are talking about, but still.

I will continue to enjoy mine as much as I can given work schedules and travel and be happy that I've had the opportunity to.
Old 05-23-2009   #12
secondchance

As I have posted on earlier thread, upcoming CAFE and emission standard will put a stop to further development and production of high performance cars such as new Camaros and Challengers. Even performance of Corvettes may suffer for a few years as car makers struggle to meet new standards and maintain politically correct image.
On the positive side, this situation may reawaken awareness of pre-new regulation era high performance car. We all saw legend and myth over pre 1972 cars such as Hemi Cudas, big block Chevelles, etc...
Who knows, another 5 years and ZR-1s (certainly including C6 ZR1s) and ZO6s may be a thing of legend.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #13
tomtom72

I hear ya also, Jason and I agree. Since it was my cash that bought the car, I'm the one that's going to use it up! I know that sounds like I might not care about the car, but I do very much care about it...really, it's just that I get my "pleasure/fun of ownership" from using it as much as I can. And Lee, that's the word I was looking for...."Patina".....thanks! I'm gonna use that the next time I get the "If this is a rare vette?...how come you use it!?!"...I get a laugh out of statements/questions like that one! I think to myself, what good is having a ZR-1(as in I only have one ZR-1!) if you/I leave it in the garage all the time??

Hey SC, thanks for reminding me of those "clear bras"...I completely forgot! Maybe some day, maybe some day.....I'll have to put the paint work back on the list....after the headers, P & P, et al....
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #14
secondchance

Tomtom,

Given a choice between waxing and driving, I always elect to wax and then drive. I noticed a significant increase in top speed due to reduced friction and energy stored in sunlight boosting forward momentum.
Old 05-25-2009   #15
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Tomtom,

Given a choice between waxing and driving, I always elect to wax and then drive. I noticed a significant increase in top speed due to reduced friction and energy stored in sunlight boosting forward momentum.
I concur most enthusiastically with your findings Dr. SC!!! I intend to get my daily fix of LT5 music presently as it is such a nice day...and I cleaned her up after Saturday's test session in the rain to determine the effectiveness of GS-D3's in the wet.....

1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #16
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
I concur most enthusiastically with your findings Dr. SC!!! I intend to get my daily fix of LT5 music presently as it is such a nice day...and I cleaned her up after Saturday's test session in the rain to determine the effectiveness of GS-D3's in the wet.....

Now that last get together of MD & N. VA ZR-1 guys embarrassed me making me notch up a little, every moth I am cleaning calipers and inside the wheels. It's tough to keep the car meeting ZR-1 guys expectations and driving it daily.