ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 10-07-2008   #11
cuisinartvette

Default Re: Here's What's Happening to some of the Cars That Sell Cheap

Quote:
Will you sell car for 12,000 and end auction
Answered on Oct-01-08
A: HI, DON'T WANT TO BE RUDE BUT! 1 THE CAR HAS 49K NOT 149K. 2 NEW ZR1 IS COMING OUT AND WILL REIGNITE THE MARKET FOR OLDER ZR1 CARS 3. A WHOLESALER...more

my experiences also. My 2 bidders that seemed serious didnt bid mine up past 8 or 9k if I remember right. Semi serious buyer for engine didnt want to pay more than 3500 for a 5k mile LT5. Maybe Im blind and really have an L98 under the hood?

These are ZR1 Corvettes folks! . They are common place to us as we own them, see them and each other online all the time but in the end we all own one of "those Vettes you never see". THey are pretyy darn rare in general even though its easy to take one for granted and look at the pitfalls (some parts, gougers, etc). It may be a C4 but its the best one ever built IMO yet people still throw these things away. Would have loved to have that dark red met. 90. MM!

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 10-07-2008 at 03:29 AM.
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #12
xxxscimitarxxx

It may have been a minor point but the ebay seller could not or would not provide any background on the car. I ran a full VIN check and it came up good. It had done about 13k miles in past 9 years. But as for previous owners history (unless someone knew it here) or service history, or any original vehicle docs.....well it just didnt seem to have any (as said the dealer couldnt/wouldnt provide any info), and without that kind of info (no matter what the mileage) you take a risk buying a car for what should be book....but what that one went for was still a steal
xxxscimitarxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #13
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
I bought a Red 1990 ZR-1 a few weeks ago for what I think is a low price for the car that I got.

The seller had moved and didn't have a place to store the car anymore and had not driven it very much lately, so she decided to sell it. My good fortune I guess.

I don't understand your point. What should she have done to get more money? It was an eBay auction with no reserve. No one out bid me so I guess a lot of people do "think that these cars are worth $15,000". In her previous auctions with a reserve, no one bid the price up.

Jim
Do tell! How about a new thread for your new ride!
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote