ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-24-2008   #11
bradslt5

Default Re: ANyone just running bulets/eliminators?

you really ought to make a plate over the mufflers like i did .you will find most of the resonance comes from the back area . i used thermo tec on the plastic inner wheel wells and the dyna mat extreamliner on top of the shields i made . i used 2 layerson top of the shields . added 10 lbs max but you wont need excedrin to drive .if you have a fax number i could draw it up for you . sounds like you want to keep the car .good deal ,i told ya this car can cure the worst day
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #12
4DSZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslt5
... i used thermo tec on the plastic inner wheel wells and the dyna mat extreamliner on top of the shields i made . i used 2 layerson top of the shields ...
Hi Brad, could you please explain this a little further? Pics? It sounds like a great idea... did you add the mat right on the plastic innner fender wells?

Thanks

Rick
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #13
cuisinartvette

Did you steal a stop sign and put it on your car?

Old 03-24-2008   #14
bradslt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSZR1
Hi Brad, could you please explain this a little further? Pics? It sounds like a great idea... did you add the mat right on the plastic innner fender wells?

Thanks

Rick
on the inner fender panels yes i id .i sat them in the sun and put the thermo tec on top. the sun helps the glue allready on the mat stick . on the shields is to have a buffer layer for sound control for the top and back of the muffler with the extream liner on top of the shield alot of the sound waves are absorbed before they get into the cabin.. also make sure your tail pipes are at least2 in past the opening and at least 12mm below the little metal brace at the opening .
Old 03-24-2008   #15
blackjack

i suspect that keeping the cats cuts down on resonance some,because my system is quite free flowing,and i have no rez at all...or is it im more tolerant than some others?
bj
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #16
bradslt5

having the cats on does help a bunch . i dont have them on my blk car and had to resort to the above methods to stop oding on asprin to drive the car. my callaway snat zr1 has corsa exhaust . its very quiet at cruize and not bad at full throttle dont know if its restrictive or not ? does anyone know or have a comparo with others like b&b and flowmaster /
Old 03-25-2008   #17
cuisinartvette

Its gonna be loud as hell, cant wait. Cutting the stock LT1 tips off some mufflers and beadblasting/painting them tomorrow. Woohoo!

I need a life. See what happens when you get free time?
Old 03-25-2008   #18
LGAFF

If the exhaust sound and emissions from your Z doesn't cause permenant hearing loss from long term exposure and kill all plant life in its vapor trail, then you probably have too much backpressure and are leaving HP on the floor, but thats just a general rule of thumb I got from Ralph Nader.

To paraphrase Homer Simpson: "I want a car that makes the people around me think the world is coming to end"

LGAFF
92 ZR1
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #19
cuisinartvette

You get it

When I used to roll up to a light loping at 1100 rpm in the '67 I used to get dirty looks and people would roll their windows up. I love it. LOL!

Seriously if I dont like it Ill throw something different on it but this should give the car some attitude. It needs it.
Old 03-25-2008   #20
4DSZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslt5
on the inner fender panels yes i id .i sat them in the sun and put the thermo tec on top. the sun helps the glue allready on the mat stick . on the shields is to have a buffer layer for sound control for the top and back of the muffler with the extream liner on top of the shield alot of the sound waves are absorbed before they get into the cabin.. also make sure your tail pipes are at least2 in past the opening and at least 12mm below the little metal brace at the opening .
Thanks for the clarification! Sounds like a great idea!
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote