ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-14-2007   #11
zr-1assassin

Default Re: loss of power???? installed new clutch and exhaust?

hey tccrab, thanks for the info! that will be my next mod.... as soon as the wife alocates funds my way. did you get the gear change in yours? how big of a differance can i expect? did you mean gears out of a dodge viper or is that a brand name? i'm going to the website you pointed out right now.... thanks again!
zr-1assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #12
jonszr1

they are Viper gears they are thicker i believe to handle the extra tq. the 410s will make a big diff in the pants plus this face
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #13
JMKZR1-94

Hi guys, interesting discussion about loss of power. What (how much) power can i expect from my ZR (recently bought a ZR-94). You where talking about "rosting tires" in 1,2 and maybe third gear??? My ZR does not "rost tires" in 2 and third gear! It,s stock besides no cats and corsa exhaust. Another thing i noticed is that my ZR responds (gaining power) very much when it,s cold outside.
JMKZR1-94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #14
zr-1assassin

hi there, the flag that shot up at me was the exhaust! thats when i lost some power. im starting to think aftermarket exhaust is not a good thing for the z. maybe it just needs a little back-preasure or something. because before the exhaust.....roast tires, and yes even in third! we need more acounts of this to make sure. anyone else out there notice the power loss after exhaust????
Old 03-25-2007   #15
jonszr1

the thing is when one is roasting tires you ain't goin anywhere you want to haze the tires just bearly spinning. from .my mod experience. it stk331.9 exhaust (flowmaster) headers (jeal) 372 inc in that rc inj fidanza flywheel ceramic disc clutch. ported inj and plenum and chassis dyno prom burnt 409.9. i dont think one gets more powe with 3 in till you get to 430 rwhp . my flomaster is the 21/2 kit they sell for the z. the 410s that I have i believe is the frymaster part of the combo but i would do 373 if i had it to do over . iy would mmmake life at the strip alot easier hope this helps
Old 03-25-2007   #16
zr-1assassin

interesting? why would you go 373's instead of the 410's? im getting ready to install 410 and would like any feedback from actual experience i can get before i do it!
Old 03-25-2007   #17
95ZR1#418

If you have a backfire problem then you best follow the flow sheet in the shop manual. My guess is you have blown a vacuum line with the backfires, under the plenum, check the MAP first. Do the vacuum pump test, an easy check to confirm anything leaking under the plenum.

I take it you don't have headers? I know with headers you may get backfiring unless you get a new upgraded chip from Marc Haibeck which eliminates the backfires.

[IMG]http://www.axoplasmic.com/800x600/toponzr1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.axoplasmic.com/800x600/topoffzr1.jpg[/IMG][URL="http://axoplasmic.com/AXOPLASMIC/ZR1.html"]My '95 ZR-1 Home Page[/URL]
95ZR1#418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #18
jonszr1

the reason id rather have 373 gears is launching the car a the strip. it would be an easier hook up. i know of one guy that has a 385 and went to 373 and the car went faster at the strip.. just my thoughts to each thieir own . any one that wants 410s that has 373 ill entertain a trade. or if someone has 373s allready set up they want to sell pm me
Old 03-25-2007   #19
zr-1assassin

i may be interested in getting the 410's if you sell them, let me know. thanks
Old 03-25-2007   #20
zr-1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95ZR1#418
If you have a backfire problem then you best follow the flow sheet in the shop manual. My guess is you have blown a vacuum line with the backfires, under the plenum, check the MAP first. Do the vacuum pump test, an easy check to confirm anything leaking under the plenum.

I take it you don't have headers? I know with headers you may get backfiring unless you get a new upgraded chip from Marc Haibeck which eliminates the backfires.
whats the test process for the vacume leak? i dont have headers, just removed the resonator and free flow magnaflow mufflers. it does backfire if i rev it up...sometimes.