Old 07-30-2017   #12
PhillipsLT5

Default Re: C Beam plates

These plates work in a few different ways, worth every penny, great mod
PhillipsLT5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017   #13
jss06c6

Suggest we support Bill and all of our dedicated LT-5 vendors on this forum... My $.02..

Sent from my QTAIR7 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
jss06c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017   #14
PhillipsLT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss06c6 View Post
Suggest we support Bill and all of our dedicated LT-5 vendors on this forum... My $.02..

Sent from my QTAIR7 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Agree
PhillipsLT5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017   #15
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss06c6 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
Agree
I considered what I thought to be the OP's location and potential for THE WAIT!! There's duties and associated fees I believe that maybe makes the fabrication I'd think very practical. Best I recall from years ago (many) these weren't generally "on the shelf" and ready to ship!!
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017   #16
Ozruss90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
I considered what I thought to be the OP's location and potential for THE WAIT!! There's duties and associated fees I believe that maybe makes the fabrication I'd think very practical. Best I recall from years ago (many) these weren't generally "on the shelf" and ready to ship!!
Your correct that I am in Australia and there would be a wait period. I'm ok with that, as it's not stopping the car from being driven. As for the price, l don't know what that will be as l haven't had a reply back yet from Bill. The price of the Beam plates, plus the currency difference, plus the shipping. It is what it is, and the car will always cost me money. I've never seen these plates before so a bit hard to manufacture without ever seeing them.
I have asked the question to Bill if there is any outlet in Australia that sells them on his behalf. Haven't heard back yet. Maybe there's an opportunity as there are plenty of C4s down under. Perhaps I could order 10 sets, sell the other 9 at cost plus a little to cover all freight costs....👍🇦🇺
Ozruss90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017   #17
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozruss90 View Post
Your correct that I am in Australia and there would be a wait period. I'm ok with that, as it's not stopping the car from being driven. As for the price, l don't know what that will be as l haven't had a reply back yet from Bill. The price of the Beam plates, plus the currency difference, plus the shipping. It is what it is, and the car will always cost me money. I've never seen these plates before so a bit hard to manufacture without ever seeing them.
I have asked the question to Bill if there is any outlet in Australia that sells them on his behalf. Haven't heard back yet. Maybe there's an opportunity as there are plenty of C4s down under. Perhaps I could order 10 sets, sell the other 9 at cost plus a little to cover all freight costs....👍🇦🇺
Sell them for twice cost. That will cover freight, the cost of yours, plus there will be two that you can't sell and you'll end up eating those.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017   #18
Dynomite

Quote:
Unless you have had these C4 Beam Plates in hand......you cannot appreciate the quality of the design. I have had six sets shipped from ZFdoc which I installed on five ZR1s and one 1990 with L98 (ZF S6-40 Transmission). All perfectly fabricated, identical, and fast shipment. Highly Recommended

Besides, I do not have a TIG welder and would have to spend a lot of time running around for 302 Stainless Plate, Cutting the Plate, Cutting the Bars, finding the Nuts and Washers, TIG Welding and then all that just for one set.

Last edited by Dynomite; 07-31-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017   #19
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Unless you have had these C4 Beam Plates in hand......you cannot appreciate the quality of the design. I have had six sets shipped from ZFdoc which I installed on five ZR1s and one 1990 with L98 (ZF S6-40 Transmission). All perfectly fabricated, identical, and fast shipment. Highly Recommended

Besides, I do not have a TIG welder and would have to spend a lot of time running around for 302 Stainless Plate, Cutting the Plate, Cutting the Bars, finding the Nuts and Washers, TIG Welding and then all that just for one set.
Since your comment seemed to be directed towards me .. you quoted my post# 15,

Quote:

it hints that you suspect I know nothing of these! I happen to have had "hands on experience" - a pair "on the shelf" - that I'm somewhat confident are a fabrication by "other than Bill" OR these were very early by Bill and different.

The only person that could confirm maybe that these are "early" might likely be Curtis Ward who I believe had very early experience and maybe the prototypes in his hands still.

Could I provide you a "time stamped snapshot"? Sure - but I ain't gonna.

I still stand by my suggestion for the OP to look into fabrication "local"

They aren't what I'd consider an "engineering masterpiece" - an interesting and functional fabrication? Certainly.

I'd think there's many others that have creations that are very similar. Was there ever a "patent"? A Registered Trademark?

What to do when you can't put a "hands on quickly"?

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?p=169343
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017   #20
Ozruss90

FYI. I have ordered the Beam plates through Bill at zfdoc. Got a fast response from him via email. Parts on the shelf and ready to ship. I'll have them here in Australia in 6 - 10 days. I'm happy with that.
Didn't want to create any conflict about manufacturing a part v purchasing a part. Sometimes I'm happy to fix, or make a part if I can. Otherwise I'm happy to buy it from someone else. Hey. That's what makes to world go around.
Ozruss90 is offline   Reply With Quote