ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-31-2015   #11
mike100

Default Re: Helping another brother out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post

I arrived at 10:00am.
You're a better friend than me...I would have made him bring it to my driveway to be closer to the tools I would inevitably forgotten to pack in my mobile service kit.

4 hours... that was optimistic
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015   #12
rhipsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
You're a better friend than me...I would have made him bring it to my driveway to be closer to the tools I would inevitably forgotten to pack in my mobile service kit.

4 hours... that was optimistic
He couldn't Mike. His water pump was toast and he couldn't make it 3 blocks without it over heating. My house is 20 miles from where his car was. So I just packed up the tools I needed in a portable tool box. We had to fix it where it sat.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015   #13
rhipsher

I've had to replace an alternator on the side of the road one time in mine. After I got my top end powder coated and put back together the owner of Precision powder coating wanted me to bring the car back so he could take pictures of the engine so he could put them on his website. He had never done an LT5 ZR-1 before. So me and a coworker went there for lunch. On the way back my alternator froze up. Called Orielly's and picked up a new belt and alternator for $130. Me and my coworker got it all done right before dark. So he takes off home and I start the car. It is running like crap. Then I realized that the map hose was not plugged in. It was pitch black accept for the hood lights. So I just squeezed my hand in there and plugged it back in. Purred like a kitten. And I was on my way home. Here's the link to Precision powder coating and the pics of my Z on his website http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19106580
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015   #14
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
He couldn't Mike. His water pump was toast and he couldn't make it 3 blocks without it over heating. My house is 20 miles from where his car was. So I just packed up the tools I needed in a portable tool box. We had to fix it where it sat.
Yep....even more fun when you get a call that a ZR1 quit on a side street after dark

Removing the Plenum After Dark on a Side Street
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote