ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-05-2014   #11
rkreigh

Default Re: Would you sell?

sorry guys, the ZR-1 is NOT an investment car unless you want to NOT drive it and wait until you are very old

my investment is in DRIVING it. one of the highest performing and most reliable cars I've ever had.

stock at 43k that is a pretty decent buy, but for me the 95 I saw with at 19k with 80+ k miles would be the one I'd want to TT that bad boy rather than molest a collector car. or Nacho's car at 12.5 is a smokin deal

I honestly don't think the ZR-1 is ever going to fetch the big dollars or even climb back to what they sold for anytime soon.

could be wrong, but I don't think I'll live long enough to see it as it's another 20+ years out

so would I sell it for 43k, YES in a minute

would I sell my LSV for 43k, YES in a minute
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014   #12
Fully Vetted

I agree. I do think they will end up collector cars just like every other unique Corvette. But, with 7000 produced over a 6 year production run I agree it will be a while and the unmolested cars will do much better.

As far as this car goes, the only reason it's worth more than the rest of them is because of the low mileage so the only reason to buy it is to stick it on the shelf and be patient. My advice...SELL! SELL! SELL!

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014   #13
Fully Vetted

Here are the 2 shockers to me:

1993 - 37k miles - well into ZR-1 territory.

When the top goes down the price goes up...

1991 Beautiful repaint and new interior. 1 of 163 with an AT and Z07 suspension. What a steal at $7k. I was very close to buying this car just for a daily driver it was so nice.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014   #14
edram454

yeah that white car is gorgeous. there is money to be made there. depends how many miles. Last year I bought quasar blue metallic lt1 with 30k miles in mint..mint condition for 9k. both tops, black leather int like new all paper work. Had it 3 weeks and sold for 12k. If I had garage space I would have kept it.

I kept the blue mint glass top. oops..
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014   #15
KILLSHOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
Here are the 2 shockers to me:

1993 - 37k miles - well into ZR-1 territory.

When the top goes down the price goes up...

1991 Beautiful repaint and new interior. 1 of 163 with an AT and Z07 suspension. What a steal at $7k. I was very close to buying this car just for a daily driver it was so nice.

That red '93 makes NO sense. I smell an original owner who wanted the car back for sentimental reasons at any price and tracked it down at auction. (or some such back story)
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014   #16
Z06scentair

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
That red '93 makes NO sense. I smell an original owner who wanted the car back for sentimental reasons at any price and tracked it down at auction. (or some such back story)
Building Block Sell.
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014   #17
Bob Eyres

The big difference between these two beautiful drivers, and a ZR-1?

They weren't built to raise hell, that's what. And there are a whole lot more people out there that would rather have a gorgeous old Vette, just to cruise, than an aging "King of the Hill".

Not me.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014   #18
Z51JEFF

Id rather have the white 95 thats floating around here.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014   #19
Racinfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
I saw one even better then that at the show yesterday. Somebody had a 95 Vert, original owner, 17k miles for sale. $25k. Totally stock. Nice car - but hey my car won the class and he didn't place. I shoulda gave him my name and # so he could give it to whomever was crazy enough to buy it... Maybe they want a faster one... (EVERYTHINGS for sale..lol)
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014   #20
cvette98pacecar

Dave, I wish I could find a couple of saps to give me 70K and tell me invest the money anyway you want for the next 17 years. However after the 17 years is over I would have to pay them 40K.

Anyhow last night I was watching Jay Leno Garage and a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO sold for $38,115,000 at the Bonhams Auction 2014.
In 1962 (52 Years old) the car new sold for 18,000. If you use the rule of 7 the value of 18k over 49 years is equal to 2.3 Million. So I take back everything I have said about automobiles are the worst investment ever. I now will say 99.999999% of all vehicles are a poor investment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iff3XSMRpIQ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote