ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-26-2013   #11
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: I want to install a subwoofer , any enclosure suggestions? ---

Here is my subwoofer set up that came in my car with a really basic radio that I upgraded.

Here is an angle before I installed the protector grill. Yes the top still fits and I have room for my tool bag and socket set.

With that set up I get some pretty good beats

Heres the a pic of the old radio that came with the car the old Bose radio was in a box lol. That radio I installed in my dads gold cart so he has tunes as he motors from his house to the course lol

Here is my current radio setup and AVIC pioneer Series

So my 91 has NAV, Blue Tooth, Voice command, 50gig HD, Ipod and the ability to to play team america on the dvd as I drive lol
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 06-26-2013 at 12:03 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013   #12
alwayscode390

Nice setup GoldCylon! The angle on your box helps with space a lot.

What is that bar behind the seats? First I have seen something like that ... stiffen up the chassis?

Thanks ---
90' ZR-1 Corvette LPE #699

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 06-26-2013 at 12:09 PM.
alwayscode390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013   #13
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayscode390 View Post
Nice setup GoldCylon! The angle on your box helps with space a lot.

What is that bar behind the seats? First I have seen something like that ... stiffen up the chassis?

Thanks ---
Thanks I think this is kinda what you are looking for for best of all worlds

Its a Brey Krause Harness Bar. Allows me to mount my racing harness, camera etc. Yes it does stiffen the car up a little can add a little protection in a side impact although that not what it is designed to do. Its a big piece of metal so lol

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 06-26-2013   #14
-=Jeff=-

Honestly I think the aftermarket set up I have sounds better then OEM. but maybe if I have new Bose Speakers and Amps it would sound better too. I am quite happy with my aftermarket set-up
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013   #15
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Honestly I think the aftermarket set up I have sounds better then OEM. but maybe if I have new Bose Speakers and Amps it would sound better too. I am quite happy with my aftermarket set-up

Concur life is too short to not have 21st Century Audio. Unless your a NCRSer.

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 06-26-2013   #16
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post

Here is my subwoofer set up that came in my car with a really basic radio that I upgraded.

Here is an angle before I installed the protector grill. Yes the top still fits and I have room for my tool bag and socket set.

With that set up I get some pretty good beats

Heres the a pic of the old radio that came with the car the old Bose radio was in a box lol. That radio I installed in my dads gold cart so he has tunes as he motors from his house to the course lol

Here is my current radio setup and AVIC pioneer Series

So my 91 has NAV, Blue Tooth, Voice command, 50gig HD, Ipod and the ability to to play team america on the dvd as I drive lol
Love it; that looks like the ultimate set up.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013   #17
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Love it; that looks like the ultimate set up.

Thanks Man... All I need is a CAB aerobody around it and done!

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 06-26-2013   #18
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Thanks Man... All I need is a CAB aerobody around it and done!
Ha, ha.........from what I have seen over the years, GC will never be done. Oh, I'm the same way...lol Yes, that would be the ultimate with an aerobody.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013   #19
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Ha, ha.........from what I have seen over the years, GC will never be done. Oh, I'm the same way...lol Yes, that would be the ultimate with an aerobody.

No doubt I even asked for a military discount no dice. The price is what it is... Too damn expensive for a group buy as well.

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 06-26-2013   #20
alwayscode390

I currently have the full face unit too ... I didn't even think about it playing DVD's , now I have to do some research on my model ---
90' ZR-1 Corvette LPE #699
alwayscode390 is offline   Reply With Quote