ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-03-2013   #11
95 LT5

Default Re: 1995 Comp. Yellow Z Ebay results????

Sold a few days ago.
I was emailing about it for a while. Don't know where it went or selling price.
Good thing it sold before I could scoop it up.
It would be difficult to hide that color from the wife.. hmmmm

Was very interested in the 89mile blk/blk 95 that they had until I saw more pictures of it.
Very disappointed in the condition of it, otherwise it would be in the garage right now.

'95 ZR-1
RED/GRAY

'95 ZR-1
BLK/BLK

'89 6-Spd
FX-3,Z51
BLK/BLK

Last edited by 95 LT5; 06-03-2013 at 10:15 PM.
95 LT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #12
Cdn ZR1 95

Well. Interesting it sold. I would have been shocked that they were asking in the $fifties and they were going to let the yellow go with no reserve when it previously only bid to $36K. Still a very steep price for the black as well in today's market IMO.
Cdn ZR1 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #13
Funracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn ZR1 95 View Post
Still a very steep price for the black as well in today's market IMO.
He is not a charity. Or so he told me once.
Funracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013   #14
Z51JEFF

Rogers Corvettes has a yellow 95,thought it was this car but miles are a little lower,price is over $50,000.That guy sure loves lookin at these cars,he sits on them long enough.Back years ago when I was looking for a ZR-1 he had a white 94 with 14,000 miles,there is a white 94 with this mileage at his place now,wouldn't be surprised if it was the same car.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013   #15
Blownrunner

It originally wanted to get an older Viper, but at about $40k, it was too expensive. I ended up getting a 91Z instead because it was half the price. I am seeing low millage Z's going for what the low millage Vipers are going for, which I like as I believe both vehicles were similar in performance and rarity.
Blownrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #16
Alberta_ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownrunner View Post
....Vipers are going for, which I like as I believe both vehicles were similar in performance and rarity.
I like that too!!! I'm happy to think that perhaps the increased publicity on the ZR1 is helping as I've seen more magazine articles within the past 1.5 years that either talks to the C4 ZR1 or LT5 then I have in past years. The Viper had the looks, but the ZR1 sure had the technology....well that and Competition Yellow definitely looks better than Dandelion Yellow IMO.

** Then you see a "used" (imported) 13 Viper being listed like this and you can't not want any Corvette...or pretty much any other super car on the planet for that matter **
Alberta_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #17
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_ZR1 View Post
The Viper had the looks, but the ZR1 sure had the technology....
The Viper does not have the looks,Im sorry but the car was ugly,the only thing it had going for it was that V-10.Im in the minority here but to say a Viper looked better than a ZR-1,just cant see it.

Last edited by Z51JEFF; 06-25-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #18
Bearly Flying

I sat in a Viper in a Showroom, Ya it looks purdy, but with the high door sills and cramped cockpit, there was No way My 6' 2" frame would ever get in and out of that thing.

My C-5 is good for getting in and out , the Zr-1 is not so good, but a whole lot better than the Viper.
05 FJR 1300 Yamaha (Long Distance, Sport Touring)
And a whole whack of RC Planes
Bearly Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #19
BigJohn

The thing that stopped me from buying a Viper was 9mpg!
With the Corvette you could get the same performance and 18mpg around town.

BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #20
Meanmyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Museum piece?If it were mine, it would be drivin!I cant believe that car didnt sell at $35K.

Exactly. That is why I am glad that sellers like Rogers and Corvette Mike aren't giving cars like that away.

Granted, I like to find deals too. And I kind of whinced (and sighed) when Corvette Mike bought this car from the dealership in Ohio with their asking price of $49,000 and now is asking $54,000, or whatever exactly it is.

The point is, there is no shortage of "driver" ZR-1's, or even pristine cars with more mileage. Why make this one of them??? If the seller lowers the price to $35,000 or any current "state of the market" bargain price, then the percentages start to go up on the chances that this car becomes another "driver".

There are eventual buyers for cars just like these, who are looking for a special car, and will treat it as such and are willing to spend more money to get them.

As time goes by, we have seen many of the low mile cars (especially the first year cars) selling for a fraction of their purchase price - with more of the owners giving up on the idea of these being high dollar cars.

That idea or trend of the majority to "drive" their cars, is good for the cars that "hold out" as super low mile cars and will eventually help push their prices up, which will have the effect of helping us all out on resale. Of course, I'm never selling mine.

Case in point, there's no need to turn some of these unicorns, into mere "ordinary horses"!

These cars represent "the way it was" for the ZR-1. With their "as manufactured" original engine finishes, original delaminating windshields, and GS-C footwear.

And it is kind of exciting to see cars like that every once in a while!

Last edited by Meanmyz; 06-25-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote