ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-10-2012   #11
tomtom72

Default Re: GETTING A CODE 34 LTPWS

Hi E, I figured I might be barking up the wrong tree. Sorry. I have a 90 along with it's FSM. I will have to admit that the early LTPWS diagnostics do not have any listed DTC's for the system. That maybe unique to the early cars. I know the system changed along the production run somewhere because GM separates early & late tire warning systems with different parts. I don't know which model year...sorry about that too. Boy, I'm just one sorry a$$ individual today!

Also, I don't have a code reader so I'm not up on their use. I use an antique snap-on MT2500 scanner or Gordon's jumper kit. That said, I am fairly certain that what I said about "secondary lock out" during a stored engine management DTC applies to all the LT5's...fairly sure.

Try some suction on the MAP nipple to see if ya get some oil out. Check the hose for softness and leakage, as the hose is hard plastic and the ends are rubber. A fwiw about the hose: do not use regular vacuum hose as the LT5 will suck it shut and set a 34 ( for the 90's it's a 34 ) because the MAP gets no vacuum to measure. Maybe you can flush out the oil with some WD40 and then let it drip dry. The MAPs are a bit pricey I think.

I apologize that I am not much help on this one.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #12
Route 66

Default Re: GETTING A CODE 34 LTPWS

Thanks to all who have tried to help me. The 34 code I've been getting is on the LTPWS. Not the SERVICE ENGINE SOON. I have found what I think is my problem with the secondary not working. I get a code 22 on the SERVICE ENGINE SOON which is a TPS problem. I'll try to set that, then I'll see if the secondary will work. Im needing to buy some type of system scanner. Maby a tech I or is there anyone here who would know what is best to use to set my TPS back so the system gets the proper voltage to the ECM..
Thanks E..
Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote