ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-21-2011   #11
JThomas

Default Re: New Member

Welcome James, it will be nice having another enthusiast, from Michigan involved in this Brotherhood.

I belong to two Corvette Clubs in Michigan. The Corvette Club of Michigan, which is hosted by Les Stanford Chevrolet and the Capital City Corvette Club, which is hosted by Bud Kouts Chevrolet in Lansing, Michigan.

When you're ready to buy, let me know and I'm sure I can help you find the right ZR-1.
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
Former NCM Board Member
1991 ZR-1 Melon Copper Metallic/Black
1992 ZR-1 Bright Red/Black (Sold)
1995 ZR-1 Bright Aqua/Gray (Sold)
2012 ZR1 Super Sonic Blue / Dark Titanium
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #12
HAWAIIZR-1

James,

Welcome to the family and you would be hard pressed to find a better group of folks or a better organization. Best wishes in your search for your ZR-1 and we looking forward to hearing more from you.

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #13
WB9MCW

Hey James welcome to the ZOO!

The first ZR-1 I ever saw in motion was the one I bought from a neighbor who now has a special collection of them. He is a true Vette nut and loves to buy/sell Vettes and has a business in it now. For many years he was a barber and in fact my father's barber since he worked several towns away in my dad's town.

I have, like you, and many others here, dreamed about the ZR-1 and only had ever viewed two parked ZR-1's. One at the O'Hare airport (no doubt a pilot owned it) and another at a lunch cafe near by our office. I remember both times thinking someday I would have to have one of these Corvettes because they were so stealth and had the look of a standard vette so I knew they were the "Ultimate Sleeper".

If there is one thing I love to do is surprise someone with a sleeper on the highway. It is always so much fun to see the look on their face as you pull away from them and leave them in the dust. The KOTH is very good at achieving this result. My favorite targets are the Porsche owners. Plenty of them around and they typically have the female on board so it is double the fun to smoke em. Another favorite are the AWD models like the Subu and the EVO. These youngsters driving these need a waxing bad to adjust their attitude. Finally the Mustang - Fbody's and the Mopars these are best of all since they always think they are taking on a regular C4. Usually they have hopped up the ride some and they think they are all that until you introduce them the the ZR-1, soon they ask around to their friends --"This Vette smoked me so so bad the other day I could not believe it -- WTH is a ZR-1???" They met the KOTH and got some "edumacation" the hard way.

Like Jimi Hendrix said >> Are You Experienced!

Another surprise was when I found out that a friend of mine ("Pete" >> http://www.zr1.net/forum/member.php?u=10 ) was a ZR-1 owner now and on the forum. We had not crossed roads for a few years (the Gyro Stand we both used to meet up at had been sold) and now both of us we ZRONERS. Pete btw was a F-Body (Camaro) guy back in the old bench racing days at the Gyro Stand. We used to go over all the times posted in Road and Track and discuss if we really thought those figures were accurate. Since one of the owners of the Gyro stand owned a C4 Vette both Pete and I were jealous naturally. We admitted to each other that someday we would have to own a Corvette as well. That day did come for us but who would have figured we both would end up with the KOTH. See Pete's Drag Vid >> http://youtu.be/SFNFOhGGlR4

Photo of my neighbor (Phil the barber) ZR-1 collection.

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 06-21-2011 at 11:01 AM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #14
GOLDCYLON

Welcome aboard
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #15
A26B

Welcome James & thanks for joining the ZR-1 Net Registry!

As you have already found, our organization is flush with members helping members, which is the key element in keeping the ZR-1 alive & well. Karen & I have made some of the best friends ever through our association with the ZR-1 gang.

Best regards,
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #16
Captain A

Welcome to the group. Best car guys on the planet.....benchmark corvette.
Captain A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #17
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Welcome to the East Central Region! I hope you can make it around the lake to a Bloomington Gold or maybe a Vette Fest, or Bowling Green (next year). Let us know if you see or locate a ride somewhere and want someone to help you assess it!

Paul Workman
Dir East Central Region

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #18
Tang

Wow, thanks for all the warm greetings. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I'm surprised again. I'm most certainly looking for something that I can have some fun with. I've never been known to own a garage queen (not that there is anything wrong with that)...my day for that just hasn't come. Perhaps my second KOTH can be the collector . My father owns a number of cars that he never drives, and he is perfectly happy keeping them tucked in nice and warm in his garage. I on the other hand will probably be out beating up the streets on every nice weekend I get (which is too few and far between in Michigan) HAHA.

Some of the rides for sale now that were mentioned earlier in the post have really got my heart beating. FU's 91 440 is a great example of something I'd be interested in, although I might have to scale it down a bit to something closer to the $30,000 mark. I know I'm either going to have to go with a higher mileage 94-95 with very few mods, or a earlier model with a few more goodies to hit that mark though. I'm forcing myself to wait another six months or so to save up a bit more and make sure I don't jump at one too early when I would have been happier with another. Perhaps that will also allow me to spend a bit more as well.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I hope to get to know you all a bit better before my purchase, and will certainly take you up on the help. I'd also love to get together at one of the East Central gatherings soon. It's been quite a while since I've seen a Z, but I'll have to warn my wife that all it's going to do is make me want one more...if that's possible!

James
Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #19
JThomas

Corvette Club of Michigan is doing a dinner cruise this evening. We will meet at Les Stanford Chevrolet at 6p. If interested in attending let me know and I'll bring the ZR-1, if not my daughter and I will be in the Z06 with air!

I guarantee if you make it to a couple events, we'll have you in a ZR-1 before the Summer is done!
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
Former NCM Board Member
1991 ZR-1 Melon Copper Metallic/Black
1992 ZR-1 Bright Red/Black (Sold)
1995 ZR-1 Bright Aqua/Gray (Sold)
2012 ZR1 Super Sonic Blue / Dark Titanium
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #20
Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThomas View Post
Corvette Club of Michigan is doing a dinner cruise this evening. We will meet at Les Stanford Chevrolet at 6p. If interested in attending let me know and I'll bring the ZR-1, if not my daughter and I will be in the Z06 with air!

I guarantee if you make it to a couple events, we'll have you in a ZR-1 before the Summer is done!

Joe, I wish I could make this but I'll be in Ann Arbor until nearly 8pm. I will have to keep an eye on other events that the CCOM does so I can meet up with you sometime.

Enjoy the trip with some cold A/C, it's going to be a hot muggy day! I can't wait until my little girl is old enough to hang out with me at gatherings like that.

James
Tang is offline   Reply With Quote