ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 02-11-2011   #11
todesengel

Default Re: And the pussification of America continues

The measure of a man is through his actions, not his possessions. The only thing we have in this world that means anything is our word, and our actions.

People that claim they would do nothing are more than likely also the ones who would be the first to point their finger at another who did nothing if it was THEIR wife, or THEIR daughter, or THEM.

Fear of losing possessions over doing the right thing is the worst argument I have ever heard in my life, sorry. The expansion of the number of "scum sucking dogs" (attorneys) in a otherwise honorable field is disgusting.

A lot of states have laws to protect people from getting sued, but those who would sue over this type of incident are void of moral decency, and should be tarred and feathered instead of given an ear in the court system.

Our judicial system has become a joke, just like most of the people who hide behind it.

If you can live with yourself over your inaction, or attempt to help another because of what you may lose god bless you. I would put my own safety on the line to protect a stranger if need be. Our civility, and decency towards one another is all that seperates us from animals. Well, that and opposing thumbs
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011   #12
tomtom72

Here is two more cents from the peanut gallery. I was thinking what would I do in response to a stranger getting mugged or something along those lines? Truth is I've never been in that situation as an adult....yea, I know & I live in a fairly rough town and it's within spittin' distance of the Bronx! I'd like to think that I would jump in & help, but I can't say for sure.

The only thing I can use as an analogous situation would be someone broke down on the side of the highway. back in the 60's & 70's I would without hesitation stop....then something changed somewhere along the line and if it was a female alone you had to think twice...then if it was a scraggly looking type you had to think twice....then cell phones came and you could call 911....about the only situation I would absolutely stop for is another BOB or regular vette or sports car/muscle car or old people....what the heck happened? Not a very glowing evaluation of me.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011   #13
John Boothby

We just had an episode here in Vegas that says it all. A 30's something guy was in a Costco pulling things off the shelf, opening packages and throwing stuff on the floor. When an employee approaced him and asked him if he needed help, he gave him a sarcastic answer and continued. The employee notice the man was packing heat. He called 911 and told the dispatcher that he had a customer packing heat that was acting funny. Well the cops arrived, started evacuating the store and got the guy outside. They commanded him to get on the ground and he refused. He reached for his gun and the cops wasted him. It turned out that he was a West Point grad and had a conceal carry permit. He was high on prescription drugs (morphine etc). The cops were cleared in a crimminal hearing, but are now being sued along with Costco and the employee that called in the call! All the guy had to do was leave the store when the clerk asked him to.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011   #14
todesengel

Aye, but think that it is very possible that phone call saved a lot of lives that day. I can sue anyone I want, at any time. If I don't like the color of your shirt, I can sue you. If your cologne bothers me, I can sue you If someone breaks into my home and I put them down, I can be sued.

The right course of action is not always the easy one. I am unsure when the penedelum in the legal system swung to favor the guilty, but I know 100 years ago these types of lawsuits would not have occured. We have allowed the legal system to become a mockery where, according to this thread, the mere threat of litigation can interfere with a persons choice to assist a person in need. Pussification.

It's amazing how easy the populace can abaondon their morals when they are fed a line, and scare tactics for so long.

These are just my opinions, and obviously conflict with quite a few others. Right is right, wrong is wrong. There is only black and white, no grey areas. Grey areas are for people who look to justify their decision so they can look at themselves in the mirror, and sleep at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boothby View Post
We just had an episode here in Vegas that says it all. A 30's something guy was in a Costco pulling things off the shelf, opening packages and throwing stuff on the floor. When an employee approaced him and asked him if he needed help, he gave him a sarcastic answer and continued. The employee notice the man was packing heat. He called 911 and told the dispatcher that he had a customer packing heat that was acting funny. Well the cops arrived, started evacuating the store and got the guy outside. They commanded him to get on the ground and he refused. He reached for his gun and the cops wasted him. It turned out that he was a West Point grad and had a conceal carry permit. He was high on prescription drugs (morphine etc). The cops were cleared in a crimminal hearing, but are now being sued along with Costco and the employee that called in the call! All the guy had to do was leave the store when the clerk asked him to.
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote