ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 12-11-2013   #11
XfireZ51

Default Re: Mary Barra - NEW GM CEO

Is anyone here going to seriously suggest that helping the auto industry was the wrong thing to do? If you are, then please layout the scenario that would have been more optimal than the one that was played out.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #12
efnfast

Dom, not that I have a better solution, but I'm a small business owner. If I mismanaged myself out of business, ain't nobody gonna' come bail me out.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #13
WB9MCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Is anyone here going to seriously suggest that helping the auto industry was the wrong thing to do? If you are, then please layout the scenario that would have been more optimal than the one that was played out.
Dom I was actually supporting your argument that the shutdown cost more than the auto bailout.

But the main point I was making was our government is in a free fall as far as spending goes and both the Pubs and the Dems are guilty of it.

That is why I posted the link on the trap we are all in with the Fed Reserve on the national debt and how it can never be resolved.

Did you watch the 30 min vid? It is a true eyeopener IMO.
http://youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #14
Mystic ZR-1

Bailout...shutdown... Republicans.... Democrats....
Blah blah blah blah.
It's all BS!
ALL politicians are s---heads.
The important thing here is maybe the new management could
release our dyno sheets!!!!!
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #15
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Dom, not that I have a better solution, but I'm a small business owner. If I mismanaged myself out of business, ain't nobody gonna' come bail me out.
Me also.....nobody gonna' bail me out either
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #16
WB9MCW

If all you care about is Dyno Sheets - I feel sorry for you!

You should care about the USA and its future.

I can understand why many are upset and figure it doesn't make a difference anymore.

But in reality it is more important now that ever and your vote is important as is paying attention to current issues.

Those who don't vote do not have the right to bitch -- and that my ZR-1 brother is what you just did by calling a pols s---heads. Now maybe you do vote so then you have the right to your opinion you stated.

Food for thought -- http://gatton.uky.edu/faculty/bollin...nts/Voting.pdf

Some of the info from the above document link

I would like to start by castigating all people who are of legal age and eligible to vote but don’t. If you don’t vote you are selling yourself, our country, and its ideals short. Yes, I know that your vote specifically isn’t likely to change anything. However, your vote counts (well, usually, perhaps not inFL). In the aggregate it is important. Keep in mind, that your vote is only 1 in many, just like your job is only 1 of many. Just like the taxes that you pay are small compared to the whole country. Should leaders ignore your job? Your family? If you don’t vote, you are giving them carte blanche to do just that. If you examine the voter turn out what you see is that white, older (read wealthier) males tend to be the voters. In 2000, only 18% of 22-25 year olds voted, while 56% of 44-65 year olds voted. Look at the policies that came out of the current administration: they favor people who are older. Indeed with 61% of the over 65 crowd voting (good for you!) it’s no surprise that we see Medicare and prescription drug reform. You can easily extend this analysis to any group you want. Voting means power and when you don’t vote, you give up power. It’s also easy to complain that “you don’t like either candidate.” Believe me, I’m sympathetic. But I bet you didn’t vote in the primary either (I did, my guy lost, where were all you to help me?). Primary elections are dismal failures. The primary is actually much more important than the main election, given the two party system. (If we had a system like Great Britain, this would work better).

I also want to castigate the leaders of the political parties and the politicians themselves. How lame are you that you can’t get 50% of the people to vote? How un-inspiring are the current leaders if most people are not even bothering with the whole thing? While one interpretation is that “things are great, I don’t feel a need to vote,” the opinion polls betray this hope asfalse. People don’t vote because they think the system is bad. People don’t vote because they don’t like any of the candidates. People don’t vote because the whole thing is such a mess and no matter who wins, it will just get worse.

If you want the US to be a strong leader for Democracy and Freedom: Elect people who will do that. Start with the Primaries. Cast your vote there. If you didn’t, you may have to pick between two unsatisfactory candidates in November. But pick anyway. Your vote, ultimately will count. The leaders simply want to be re-elected. They look at who votes and design policies that make those people happy. Often on the shoulders of the groups that don’t vote: the young, the poor the minorities. It’s not fair, but it’s not entirely their fault. You didn’t vote, you didn’t care: Why should they care?
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #17
efnfast

I believe our system works when run as designed. It was designed that the people participate. You participate by voting.
Lets talk about cars.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #18
Mystic ZR-1

This a website about cars, ZR-1s in particular.
Let's keep it that way,...
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #19
Kevin

i think it's cute that people still think their vote counts
Old 12-11-2013   #20
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post

Steve,

Completely agree. It should work that way, not that I want you to go out of business. The term is "too big to fail". And the auto industry was and still is small potatoes compared to the banks. I am not a proponent of bailing these people out. Unfortunately, too much consolidation ends up putting a gun to our heads. These people can screw up w impunity thinking that we have no choice since they would take us down w them.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote