ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-30-2012   #11
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: Backup Lamps

Easy to find.. I did a search for C60 since I knew you have pictures of a non Z and a Z
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #12
Gunny

You have a C60, right? and I think I have only one pic of your car in my C60 section. I could use 4 more pics if you have them.

Now that we have VIN listings of all the C60 cars (thanks to Jim V. and others) I've been meaning to try to track down the rest of the owners and get pics but honestly, since retiring I've had less time for fun projects than when I was working full time. Go figure.

Thanks for posting the pic of my old 94.

George
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #13
Gunny

Another question for you Jeff ...
I noticed in your signature that you have headers, cats, & Corsa. On my 90 I just replaced the Borlas with Corsa thinking it would be somewhat closer to the Corsas I had on the 94 LT1 A4 ... forgot how loud the Corsas could be and louder still on a high revving LT5 with headers and NO cats. How much will it tone it down if I add cats to my setup. I already have the cats but they were set up with v-clamps for the Borlas and I don't have access to a good exhaust shop to make that mod at this time. Also, will you be at BG? If so, I want to compare your headers, cats, Corsas with my headers, no cats, Corsas. Thanks.
George

apologies to OP for highjacking the thread ... should have started a new thread ... I've already put the dunce cap on and I'm headed for the corner now.
Founding Member #14
www.zrwon.com
Old 04-30-2012   #14
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuband View Post
Did you notice the sousaphone planter in the background? yet another clue to my online name.
George
The sousaphone looked like a bullet hole in the picture

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #15
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
You have a C60, right? and I think I have only one pic of your car in my C60 section. I could use 4 more pics if you have them.
Yes you do have one pic.. let me get some new ones then send them to you once the weather is better

Quote:
I noticed in your signature that you have headers, cats, & Corsa. On my 90 I just replaced the Borlas with Corsa thinking it would be somewhat closer to the Corsas I had on the 94 LT1 A4 ... forgot how loud the Corsas could be and louder still on a high revving LT5 with headers and NO cats. How much will it tone it down if I add cats to my setup. I already have the cats but they were set up with v-clamps for the Borlas and I don't have access to a good exhaust shop to make that mod at this time. Also, will you be at BG? If so, I want to compare your headers, cats, Corsas with my headers, no cats, Corsas. Thanks.
George

apologies to OP for highjacking the thread ... should have started a new thread ... I've already put the dunce cap on and I'm headed for the corner now.
It still has noise when on the go pedal, but I am not sure how much quieter it is with cats.

As for BG, I wish I could go but between Cub Scouts and Soccer I am pretty busy that weekend, so I will be coaching soccer and being a den leader that weekend..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #16
XfireZ51

Quote:
George

Not a problem. Got my answer. I hope you'll be joining us at the FBI motorhome and sausage factory at BG. We'll be at the corner of the Holiday Inn parking lot.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #17
Gunny

Looking forward to it ... I'm staying at UPlaza and arriving on Wed PM ... motorhomes & good sausage sounds terrific.

The plan is to leave early Wed ... normal route is west on I-20 to Atlanta then north to Chattanooga, Nashville, BG. However, I can turn north earlier and avoid Atlanta & Chattanooga, add about 20 miles to the trip and manage a run through the Dragon's Tail ... hmmm, should I or shouldn't I? I usually run the Dragon at least once a year and I haven't been up there this year so if the weather is good, I'll probably make that route ... adds about 45 min to the trip but well worth the detour.