ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-28-2014   #11
rkreigh

Default Re: My Dual catch can PCV setup idea.. thoughts?

wow, looks great!!!

those pesky little fittings cost a bundle

how much did all the lines set you back?

I like the black stuff better than the old braided

the new composite lines like they use in top fuel are lighter and easier to work with look cool too

all to the good
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014   #12
5ABI VT

Im not doing this because I think 1 can is insufficient. I think 1 can is enough Im more interested in the effects of having more volume. I also am believing the fresh air tubes to the valve covers might be the main source of oil ingestion under wot not through the pcv. on the LTX and with my experience I know that with blowby and low tension rings oil ingestion was through the fresh air hose under wot. basically a catch can doesn't address this issue but is invaluable in keeping things clean at all times besides wot.

So.. my thoughts are by increasing pcv volume.. under wot the pressure may be reduced and might help keep too much oil pushing up the fresh air tubes. that would only work however if the pcv valves are removed allowing some pressure to reverse through the lines and the catch can.

One other solution is to run a catch can on the fresh air side. I believe both covers have fresh air tubes so my idea for that would be run 2 cans for the fresh air side and 1 for the pcv. A little overkill but a small price to pay in my opinion.
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #13
Tony Davila

Looks good man, good job.
Tony Davila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014   #14
5ABI VT

Ok so after much reading, emailing and googling I've decided to rearrange my catch can setup. I'm not sure how right I am but inside the air horn it does look damp from residue around the ports that are for the fresh air side of Pcv. I guess I can say in convinced that the fresh air side may also be pushing oil vapor into the intake.

I decided on the elite engineering can. Because there are vents in each can cam cover and the piping is not small I'm thinking to run a can for each cover too. The $$ adds up really fast and I didn't intend to spend $500 on a catch can so I decided I'll run a good one for Pcv and 2 others for fresh air. In a way it'll be an experiment to see if the clean air side does push any oil. I'll draw up a picture just because it's fun.
Old 09-09-2014   #15
5ABI VT

So here's the plan. Now a triple catch can setup. Are the pcv valves a uniqie special order part or Does Jerrys carry both? need to email him.