ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-18-2013   #11
efnfast

Default Re: Bright days driving into the sun

It's where the radar detector goes, I mean it's where the garage door opener goes. The windshield was very radar deflective (?). GM advertised that area as where the garage door opened would go.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #12
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
My '90 windshield has a rectangular un-shaded spot just left of center, at the base.

Anyone know what this is? (no owner's manual ) Light sensor opening?
they all do, it's for a radar detector
Old 02-18-2013   #13
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
they all do, it's for a radar detector
Correct larger cut out for the earlier cars smaller cut out for the later cars if the factory glass is retained. Both for the radar detector.

Some owner have installed regular C4 glass which fits however is not the factory solar glass as installed
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #14
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
It's where the radar detector goes, I mean it's where the garage door opener goes. The windshield was very radar deflective (?). GM advertised that area as where the garage door opened would go.

It was advertised that way with a wink. GM could not promote potentially breaking the law. In some states radar detector are illegal.

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 02-18-2013   #15
Kevin

that being said my garage door open doesn't work as well in the zr-1 as it does in any other car. also my ezpass doesn't work in the zr-1...at all found that out the hard way last year
Old 02-18-2013   #16
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
that being said my garage door open doesn't work as well in the zr-1 as it does in any other car. also my ezpass doesn't work in the zr-1...at all found that out the hard way last year

My ezpass like bade fit in the radar window and worked. I dont use the system anymore. My homelink visor has no issue working the garage doors so you mileage may vary. My garage door openers are newer however both are homelink style systems from Chamberin.

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 02-18-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2013   #17
Kevin

i wasn't trying to use it in the cutout...put it on the dash, had to call penndot to make sure i wasn't getting hauled off since it didn't work
Old 02-18-2013   #18
Schrade

Good to know.

I was gonna' install the FC in the gap there, instead of porting the plenum ...

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #19
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
i wasn't trying to use it in the cutout...put it on the dash, had to call penndot to make sure i wasn't getting hauled off since it didn't work
Give it a try in the cutout that is where mine worked

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 02-18-2013   #20
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Good to know.

I was gonna' install the FC in the gap there, instead of porting the plenum ...

Make sure you have the right gigawatts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDj7gvc_dsA

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V