ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 2 Days Ago   #11
JT_n_CT_90_ZR1

Default Re: Wanted BCM 1990 Zr1

I appreciate everyone?s response. It is the original BCM that was the issue as it had a fried circuit
It only took me like $3k to narrow it down. ALOT of new sensors, ecm, vacuum system, coils, plugs, wires, battery, battery terminals, had the whole dash off to check the wires and connections. Drove me crazy.
I am taking advantage of Jeff and his programming skills to just reprogram a used one. To my understanding they don?t even make the DELCO 60904 circuit anymore.
For others that might think they have this problem I?ll explain my experience.
The first sign months ago was the car was really rough once started. Went away after it warmed up. Next interior lights would either stay on all the time or stay off, this also happened with the warning chime, fog lights, and parking lights. A month or so later the check engine light came on and it would not go into secondary injectors. Then my check engine light just shut off and wouldn?t come on again- yes I checked the bulb. Once this happened I got communication errors and system flashing on my Speedo. Then the gauges just completely stopped working. They wouldn?t even light up anymore or swing. Lastly, it stopped giving me fuel pressure.
Just remember to the newbies that are DIY, anything you do to your car, disconnect the battery. These cars a very sensitive to that.
For the record this happens to a 1990 ZR1 with only 30k miles. This car has been babied since it was purchased and has always been in a climate controlled garage. So I guess it just the luck of the draw.
JT_n_CT_90_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #12
JT_n_CT_90_ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aafc View Post
I do not have any thing to help, except you should get the FSM for your car
ZR-1. Also check solutions in the zr-1 net registry forums.
John
FSM? Is this like a piggy back or a whole new system? I?m assuming this is replacing the BCM?
JT_n_CT_90_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #13
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Factory Service Manual

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote