ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-19-2008   #11
HIZNHRZ

Default Re: Wanted: Input for New Corvette Garage/Shop

By the way, something to NOT use on your garage floor is the "rubberized Harry homeowner" paint made for garage floors. Don't know who makes it but Sears and many paint stores carry it. Looks great when freshly painted but hot tires mark up the floor and can cause the paint to lift. As soon as the weather gets warm, stripping and refinishing the garage floor is on the list of things to do.
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008   #12
Nick

Where's the hi temp pizza oven? Satellite TV?
One of the neatest home based shops/garages I ever saw was one that also included a very small bathroom with a toilet, deep sink and a small shower. Nothing like cleaning up before coming back into the house. Of course this was in a 12,000 square foot 5 acre piece of luxury property...but you get the idea.
Looks great, Jerry.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008   #13
Hammer

Talking Re: Wanted: Input for New Corvette Garage/Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZNHRZ
The deep sink is one of the best additions I've done to my garage, I highly recommend it.

Has anyone used the one part epoxy garage floor paint the Home Depot sells?
I used it on mine. There is a pot time on it and when I did the first part of my garage I let that expire I guess. So 1/3 of my floor is now coming up in places. The other 2/3 is staying down fine. I would use it agian and may end up doing that part again.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008   #14
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Nice layout Jerry. But I can see two more four post lifts in there in the future, and you only have two Zr-1's (don't you). So you will need, what, 4 more ZR-1's in the future. LOL.
I like the way you think! Only thing is....if I do that, will also need a shower & big screen, cuz I WILL be racking in the shop! Actually, we have 4 Vettes. Besides the ZR-1's, the wife has a CE53-03 and then we have the LT-1 Raptor rear turbo project car, a 95 polo/tan auto.

Semper Fi Amigo
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.

Last edited by A26B; 01-19-2008 at 10:57 AM.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008   #15
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
Where's the hi temp pizza oven? Satellite TV?
Just using a microwave, but satellite TV already in the plan.

Quote:
One of the neatest home based shops/garages I ever saw was one that also included a very small bathroom with a toilet, deep sink and a small shower. Nothing like cleaning up before coming back into the house. Of course this was in a 12,000 square foot 5 acre piece of luxury property...but you get the idea.
Looks great, Jerry.
You guys who work on dirty cars!! If I put too many creature comforts in, Karen won't let me back in the house.....course if I'm too dirty she might not either. This shop is where I'm going to hang out, not planning on working too hard....
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.

Last edited by A26B; 01-22-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-19-2008   #16
evl_twn

I used the Rustoleum industrial floor coating in mine, and it's held up great for the 2.5 years since we built this house. It's not the same stuff as their garage floor coating, I remember when I got it that it was over twice as much. The only thing I would have done differently is to put it on a LOT thicker. I had no idea that the new concrete would soak it up as much as it did. Think along the same lines as painting drywall with no primer, it just gets sucked into the floor. It didn't leave any gaps in coverage, but there are some areas on the floor that do not have the smooth epoxy finish, it's more like the surface of the concrete.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=14

Here's a pic showing the floor after it's done in the rear stall of my garage which is the bike lift and workbench area. PM me if you want to see larger, more detailed pics (there's a size limit on attachments here)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1 (Custom).jpg (98.0 KB, 33 views)
evl_twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #17
phrogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B
Tom,

Richard,
Good point on the slope, had planned on one, but not that much. I just squeegee the water out now after washing, but usually just wet mop. Learned that during field day in the the old Corps, back in the barracks day! LOL

Man Jerry what you called a barraks and what my kids cll a barraks is two very very different things

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #18
Zr1 Destroyer

Floor drains....so you can wash your babies in the winter!!!
Zr1 Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #19
Jim Nolan

Better than sky-lights are solar lights. They are much smaller and really light up a room. Mine have never leaked and that's even through 3 hurricanes.
Jim Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #20
A26B

Been delayed in responding. Went to Daytona Beach last Sat to pick up a 79 Bronco for my daughter & her husband. Drove it back & got in this morning about 0500. Long trip, glad I took tools.

Evl Twn: Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Johnny: LOL! The difference a couple of generations makes huh? One thing remains the same though, 0311 grunts still hump a lot of gear.

Ry: I'm a fair weather guy mostly, so will back it out onto the drive to wash, if it ever gets that dirty. How's the new 415 doing? Didn't see you in Breckenridge last year! What's the deal?

Jim Nolan:
Quote:
Better than sky-lights are solar lights. They are much smaller and really light up a room. Mine have never leaked and that's even through 3 hurricanes.
Sounds interesting.... got any links or info you can share?