ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-09-2007   #11
Aurora40

Default Re: Ticked me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1720
i bought mine for me,and if anybody likes it or not ,doesnt bother me.
But the guy should have more class than to be ripping on it while he's standing right by it.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #12
blackjack

z factor is right...personnaly,i like all vettes,and i respect other peoples choice...if i had more money,id have one of each generation
bj
91/1735
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #13
WB9MCW

You ran into a "bling-bling" vette owner--some of the vette owners only buy a vette for the bling in the 70-80's they were the "gold chain" crowd that is now migrated to the the "rapper nation" and has been upped to the diamond studded gold "teeth grill".

It is all about show and not about go-- this is why the punk was stupid about ZR-1's and Corvette history in general.

All he is out to achieve is to impress his friend and ultimately his GF with the ownership of a vette and naturally he would rip on any vette that is older because to him it is only a status symbol of "having arrived".

Stupid is as stupid does.

These are the same azzes who drive their vette hard in heavy traffic and make a bad name for all vette owners.

It is too bad we can't just shoot them and put them out of their misery and "stupid-dumb" world. LOL

Usually they end up wrecking their vette and the number of speeding tickets and insurance companies rid them of our ranks soon enough.

At least the C1 owners had a good laugh and next time (if it ever happens again) join in with them and just laugh at the idiot since that is the thing a moron like that hates the most is to be made the fool of in public esp in front of the GF he was trying to impress in the first place.

Life is way too short to allow jerks like this get to ya!!!

Usually I find out that these type of vette owners are "old money" and just spending their recent inheritance from gramps till it runs out.

So their "vette ownership" typically is short lived and soon becomes a fuzzy and faded memory for them and their shallow mooching friends.

And when the money runs out those same shallow friends soon disappear and the BLINGER is once again without a GF and very depressed as they are now just a "common AH" once again and broke and miserable.

Rarely is this person enduring because they are not self made but only a product of that short lived infusion of Gramps $$$ in their life.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #14
RedSled

Well said. And...you guys are right. My smile came back as soon as I started driving home and did my best to clear out the injectors getting onto the freeway. And...on the way home a C-6 pulled up next to me and gave us a big thumbs up. ZR-1 ownership is a good thing....
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #15
rsinor

My then seven year old son said it best many years ago. He came home from school one day very frustrated and obviously upset. I asked him what was wrong and will never forget the response. “Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.” Unfortunately many members of the Corvette community own the cars but can’t assimilate the history.
rsinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #16
phrogs

I would have asked him if the C6 was his first vette.
Alot of people will buy the new toy and have no respect for the older cars that came before.

If he wants to have his bling bling C6 so be it I rag on people who add all kinds of crap on there vettes as well...

Me I would have said what was on my mind so his girl would have been a little butt hurt afterwards and he would have left.

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #17
kenthompson

So, I'm cruising around town last night, trying to find something to get in trouble with.

I run by a hot dog place with about 15 subaru "whatever they are" WRX. Nothing wants to come out and play.

After a couple of hours driving around on the freeways, I cruise back by the hot dog place. This time, I pull through the parking lot, and have everybody's attention. They all want to see if I can spin the tires. (They can't?) I let the clutch out at idle, and then stand on it. Instant smoke out of the GS-D3's.

After I come to my senses about the dollars going up in smoke, the guys come over to see what this car is.

First question: Whadda ya got, a V-12?

I told them to go look it up on the net when they got home.

Little boys.

Well, off to see what else I can find tonight.
kenthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #18
Peaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled90
So I went to a local car show today with the RedSled. The only ZR-1 in attendance. Some dude who drove up in a overly decorated C-6 comes walking by and starts going off on how crappy C-4s are to his Fat A$$ed and ugly girlfriend. I said, "man do you even know what this car is?" Guy has no clue what a ZR-1 is. The folks parked next to me in a beautiful '62 Corvette are cracking up. Pissed me off. Guy is going on and on about awful C-4s were built, crappy reliability, blah, blah, blah. Just shut up and learn some Corvette history you moron. My car happens to be fast, reliable and sounds better than yours so go back and polish your car...thanks I feel a little better. Grrrr......
They're out there, but as QB93z said they're are also some that DO know the legend lives. I would've asked him if he'd like a demonstration of just how "bad" that particular c4 is.
'94 ABZ Lucky #13-SOLD
Peaven is offline   Reply With Quote