ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 09-14-2013   #11
LGAFF

Default Re: Fuel Pressure

This is really what I am asking.....searched the net, some say thats normal, others its the sign of a defective FPR....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
Free Rev with FPR connected drops to 40lbs

Does the lack of load account for the drop?
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #12
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
AE is a pumpshot in carb terms. DE is not to be confused w DFCO
cuts off fuel not reduces it.
Not sure exactly what you're saying here Dominic...

Is the article wrong? Or it just doesn't apply to LT5?

What does RB say that doesn't apply here? (he DOES say that fuel pressure shuts down on de-celeration)
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #13
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post

What does RB say that doesn't apply here? (he DOES say that fuel pressure shuts down on de-celeration)
What I'm saying is that there really is no mystery to ECM control. It just does the same things we did before, just many more times per second.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #14
XfireZ51

Quote:

There is a difference between DFCO and DE. That's what I was pointing out. Perhaps RB was generalizing and trying to show the contrast of adding fuel and deleting it.
Old 09-16-2013   #15
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
At 51psi, 22.7# injectors will flow as 24.7#, at 60psi, they flow like 27#. So at least 10% richer all around. Your going from a hypothetical 12.8 to an 11.6AFR at WOT.
When setting up your initial IFR(Injector Flow Rate) you use the rail pressure that occurs when the the vaccuum reference is disconnected, correct?

On my setup, the rail pressure is 58psi vaccuum reference detached at idle with vaccuum reference attached the rail pressure drops down to 51-52 psi.

My injectors flow 25 lb/hr at 43.5psi/3BAR, the calculates out to 28.7 lb/ht at 58psi/4BAR.
The IFR I would use in my PCM is 28.7 lb/hr or 3.62 grams/second.

Bottom line, use the unreferenced regulator rail pressure for IFR calcs?

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #16
Hog

Quote:

The part of the article that is circled in purple is wrong, well at least missleading..

The article is describing Acceleration Enruchment which is correct.
Then the article describes DE or Deceleration Enrichment incorrectly. The description given is for DFCO or Decel Fuel Cut Off, not DE.
DFCO actually shuts off injectors during periods of coastdown.

AE is used during short periods of time when the engine takes an extra "gulp" of air, exactly what happens when you stand on the throttle, AE is exactly like the carbs "pumpshot" that will prevent a lean stumble.
AE is a function of necessity, DFCO is purely an economy measure. DFCO is not necessary for proper engine function like AE is.

There is also PE mode where extra fuel is added when engine load is increased and extra power production is required.
There is also a Power Enleanment mode which is the opposite of Power Enrichment mode. Both of these are typically Open loop and do not use narrowband O2 sensor input.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #17
XfireZ51

Hog,

The injector flow rate used in the calibration is the one you would have at idle with the FPR attached to a vacuum port. In a stock cal, its set to 22.7#. In older calibrations like the one I had for my 84 Xfire, you would calculate the BPC or Base Pulsewidth Constant. Here, the cal does it for you using the IFR.
Old 09-17-2013   #18
Schrade

Quote:
cuts off fuel not reduces it.
That's what the text says.

Quote:
There is a difference between DFCO and DE.
What is DE? (the author says, "Deceleration EnLEANment, which is injector shutdown. "

Quote:

Then the article describes DE or Deceleration Enrichment incorrectly.

I think EVERYone has mis-read the words in the author's text ( all the while, agreeing with the author).

The text describes Deceleration EnLEANment (WHICH HE SAYS IS INJECTOR SHUT-OFF) ... NOT DECELERATION ENRICHMENT.

Circled in purple.

Handheld digital 'smart' devices aren't good for reading comprehension. Seriously......................
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 09-17-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #19
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
This is really what I am asking.....searched the net, some say thats normal, others its the sign of a defective FPR....

Id go with post #5's answer. He's prob forgotten more than most of us could ever know about the LT5
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #20
XfireZ51

Just to be clear, DE is deceleration enleanment meaning it leans out the AFR as you feather the throttle. Fuel delivery is reduced, not stopped. Lifting off the accelerator will invoke DFCO, Decel Fuel Cut Off, if it is enabled. There are RPM and MAP "windows" where these take place. They don't happen everywhere. Mostly for low end. Both of these are for emissions. For the most part, I have DFCO disabled and I believe Marc does this also in his cals, particularly for those that complain about motor stalling when freewheeling or rolling to a stop.