Abstain (will go with majority) 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012   #11
scottfab

Default Re: No More Political Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor View Post
I cannot remember a time when so many political threads were started in such a short period of time on the forum. I suspect it is a case of presidential politics and the election being right around the corner that has spurred the flurry of opposing political threads. That, and how polarized the country is at the moment is also likely reflected in the recent rash of political threads.

Maybe a temporary moratorium on political threads/posts for say the next 60 days until the election cycle ends is in order. After that, I suspect we will return to our primary passion, that being the love of ZR-1's.

Any and all thoughts/opinions are encouraged.

Why not set up your own poll? You'd likely get less blame for pushing one solution over the other. You could formulate it how ever you want but it should contain some form of:
1. No More Politics
2. No More Politics for some magic time period
3. A new "Politics" forum group that does not show up in "New Posts"
4. Ignore the problem, it'll go away

See what the majority wants to do.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
Old 09-20-2012   #12
rhipsher

Oh I see Scott so it wasn't your idea but since you like it you sure do want to be the instigator who further pushes it in that direction. And you say your in the majority because the poll is 10 to zero. But if I look at all the political threads you decided to enter you are the minority. But I suspect that once the right wingers on this sit see your poll and decide to vote it will be a shut out.
Old 09-20-2012   #13
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
Oh I see Scott so it wasn't your idea but since you like it you sure do want to be the instigator who further pushes it in that direction. And you say your in the majority because the poll is 10 to zero. But if I look at all the political threads you decided to enter you are the minority. But I suspect that once the right wingers on this sit see your poll and decide to vote it will be a shut out.
So you contend that "right wingers" like to see political stuff on this site. Interesting. I wonder if they'd agree?

Yes you are correct. The trend is outstandingly in favor or NOT seeing political crap here. And I think it's supported by both left and right. If by posting there is a majority oppose to political crap it causes an uproar of support for wanting political then good. It will have served to "get the vote out".
To that end yes, you are right again. I am instigating for opinions and votes one way or the other. What you'd want to suppress the idea? Sure seems like it.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
Old 09-20-2012   #14
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
Why not set up your own poll? You'd likely get less blame for pushing one solution over the other. You could formulate it how ever you want but it should contain some form of:
1. No More Politics
2. No More Politics for some magic time period
3. A new "Politics" forum group that does not show up in "New Posts"
4. Ignore the problem, it'll go away

See what the majority wants to do.
Scott,

There is no pushing of one solution, rather a suggestion that is reflective of experience with how the forum has been cyclical on the issue of politics. Even at what could be characterized at it's peak in any past year, it has never been like it has for the past month.
We as mods probably should have contacted the few individuals who were responsible for thread bombing of political threads, and asked them to cool it. However we like to treat members like adults and not over moderate, since people should be responsible for their own actions for the most part.

Still a new poll with several different options is not a bad idea. That way we can ascertain what the overall view is of our forum members.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt - April 23, 1910
Old 09-20-2012   #15
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
Rhipsher, you see what his reply was? You disagree and all of the sudden "right wingers" comes up. Who's name calling? You make a good point and shazzam...Right wingers, change the subject, you shut up and I'll be the knight in shining armor to make the rules for all the "unwashed"
Geez.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
Old 09-20-2012   #16
MickeyD

Scott forget the majority they know not what's good for them. Only 25% of the colonies supported the revolution. Sometimes you have to do the right thing for others.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469

Last edited by MickeyD; 09-20-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Wrong quote.
Old 09-20-2012   #17
Eric24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
So you contend that "right wingers" like to see political stuff on this site. Interesting. I wonder if they'd agree?

Yes you are correct. The trend is outstandingly in favor or NOT seeing political crap here. And I think it's supported by both left and right. If by posting there is a majority oppose to political crap it causes an uproar of support for wanting political then good. It will have served to "get the vote out".
To that end yes, you are right again. I am instigating for opinions and votes one way or the other. What you'd want to suppress the idea? Sure seems like it.
Scott,

I wont beat around the bush with this subject. You say the majority of the people vote in favor for NOT seeing political crap on here, when really most of the people dont want your crap on here. Really, you had 9 threads in one day about Mitt, look we all know who your voting for already!

I dont think there was an issue on political threads until you bombarded Off Topics so much, then your trying to lead the way on getting rid of it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, yes, even you. I can read between the lines, people are sick of your threads, post and comments. If you just did not post so much on this stuff there would not be an issue.
Old 09-20-2012   #18
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric24 View Post
Scott,

I wont beat around the bush with this subject. You say the majority of the people vote in favor for NOT seeing political crap on here, when really most of the people dont want your crap on here. Really, you had 9 threads in one day about Mitt, look we all know who your voting for already!

I dont think there was an issue on political threads until you bombarded Off Topics so much, then your trying to lead the way on getting rid of it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, yes, even you. I can read between the lines, people are sick of your threads, post and comments. If you just did not post so much on this stuff there would not be an issue.
Big amen!
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
Old 09-20-2012   #19
USAFPILOT

this thread is funny because scottfab seems to start the most political thread on the forum. he just cant handle the other opinion.
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
Old 09-20-2012   #20
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
this thread is funny because scottfab seems to start the most political thread on the forum. he just cant handle the other opinion.
Scott doesn't see it as another opinion. We're haters. I don't hate anybody. I don't hate Obama. I just don't believe in his ideals.
Closed Thread

Tags
political