ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-24-2010   #11
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Nacho's dyno results - 346 rear wheel HP !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
I don't see where that is happening in the graph you posted. Nor would physics generally dictate that that can happen.

Pretty nice numbers for a stocker.
True, Bob. I think he's referring to peak values, w/o regard to rpm - gave me pause as well, till I scrutinized the graph a bit. The trace with the highest torque also tails off more than the others, resulting in less hp at the peak hp point...is all.

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010   #12
Hammer

Talking Re: Nacho's dyno results - 346 rear wheel HP !

Congrats,

I'd say you have one of the better performing stockers out there. My current car, 1991 #473, dynoed at 329HP, 321 TQ at the wheels in Portland 2 years ago. It was bone stock then. My chart looked very similar to yours too.

I never dynoed my 1st ZR-1, #458, but it would walk away from this one. It's currently located in McAllen, TX owned by mgbrv8.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010   #13
Nacho_ZR1

Default Re: Nacho's dyno results - 346 rear wheel HP !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Congrats,

I'd say you have one of the better performing stockers out there. My current car, 1991 #473, dynoed at 329HP, 321 TQ at the wheels in Portland 2 years ago. It was bone stock then. My chart looked very similar to yours too.

I never dynoed my 1st ZR-1, #458, but it would walk away from this one. It's currently located in McAllen, TX owned by mgbrv8.
Yea I promised myself to do as many dyno runs as possible so I could guage how much my car was improving with every performance mod. Next week, i am going back to the dyno to see how much the car improves with a Haibeck chip and x-pipe
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]1992 ZR-1 #483
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Dark Red Metallic[/COLOR]
[U][B]Mods[/B][/U]
-Jeal headers
-Stock exhaust with X-pipe
-4.30 Gears
-Corey Henderson tune
-375 RWHP[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Nacho_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #14
sammy

Talking Re: Nacho's dyno results - 346 rear wheel HP !

on your pipe size . jmho, but on a stk car ,even a car that has ported inj housings and plenum,headers fidanza flywheel and 410 gears .i believe that a well done 21/2 in give one better all around performance . you dont lose low end and its frre enough for my car to dyno 409.9 rwhp and 373.66 tq and that was with the flowmaster cat back system cars best mile an hr at the strip with this set up was117.80. had dr gas make me a 21/2in system with his xpipe and spin tec mufflers and the mile an hr went to 119.85. both of these runs were in july snd the temp wa around 90-95 deg . nacho corey could port your injector housings and plenum just like he did my black car for around 1500 or less inc r and r. the real roting cost is when you do the heads as the mototr has/or should come out to get the the heads off,ported and put on . you will have your mind blown by the power thats set free,by just porting the inj housings and plenum . when you go to see him ask him to pull up my dyno sheet for you to see what you aprox would end up with . i havent dynod the car with the newer muffler x pipe set up. but with a 2 mile an hr increase at the strip, id be will to be the car makes at least 15 rwhp more than with the flow master set up . just think how much more fun the car would be with 70-80 wrhp under your foot . you end up with what we call the perma grin
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote