ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-29-2018   #11
We Gone

Default Re: Opinion wanted

Looks very clean, Love that color combo. I'm not one to ask about pricing as when I find what I'm looking for and it meets my standards I will haggle some over the price but end up buying it.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #12
BecauseEYEgotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Looks very clean, Love that color combo. I'm not one to ask about pricing as when I find what I'm looking for and it meets my standards I will haggle some over the price but end up buying it.
Hey Steve, it’s Frank Moscarell, from fb! Funny how as soon as I saw the yellow/white I figured it was you.
BecauseEYEgotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #13
KILLSHOTS

4 years ago, I paid a dealer $18K for my white on red '90 that had 15,500 miles on it. On that 383 mile red on red '90 that the dealer in Anaheim recently had, I had them at $26K, but walked away because I knew that fixing the few issues it had wiped out any hope of profit. OP, your question has nothing to do with people potentially "driving down prices" but rather is about whether the car you're considering is a good deal. Only you can decide in the end, but purely looking at the numbers, the answer is absolutely NO.
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #14
KILLSHOTS

This is a good deal...

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Market...900-in-AZ.aspx
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #15
We Gone

Frank, Good to see you over here. Hope you find what your looking for in a ZR-1, If I can help you feel free to ask. I may not have all the answers but your in the right place to find them.

Anyone close to a car you want inspected I feel sure these guys would jump at the opportunity to help.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #16
BecauseEYEgotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post

That is, but I’m in PA, and looking for a stock car.
But thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 03-29-2018   #17
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecauseEYEgotta View Post
That is, but I’m in PA, and looking for a stock car.
But thanks for the info!
Using the link provided

The car appears to be far from 'stock' - the A-molds appear to be OE & not replicas (but ain't stock). Are saw-blades included? Exhaust isn't stock either and North Carolina isn't just around the corner if you're in PA.

The 28,900 is an 'ask' like Steve mentioned so who knows what will do the buy! Not an easy car to put your 'eyes on' to decide. Maybe you could determine maybe a more reasonable value with a couple simple questions.

Maintenance record? I'd ask the seller for tire 'date codes' in a very early conversation. They might speak much regarding maintenance!! # of owners? A dealer should be able to supply CarFax or others that would create maybe safety inspection/title transfers etc documented. Much can be done before a visual and drive!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-29-2018 at 12:15 PM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #18
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
You’re low balling another ZR-1, by saying you got yours so much cheaper. You are driving down prices for everyone!

It's not the job of owners to inflate prices by telling someone a car is a good deal when it's not either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
OP only asked 'is this a good deal?' - appropriate responses for the question asked were in post #2 and #3. I'm with #7 - I don't believe you contributed a damn thing to the conversation. You maybe 'overpaid' by 15K because it wasn't drive-able and had a salvage title.
OP wanted opinions and he got one. It's his job to discern whether that opinion is relevant or not. 10 years ago the market was about 30% higher than it is now on a 92.

There are a large percentage of owners who don't want to admit what the market is doing on these cars. It's dropping again now. These will, with few exceptions, never be big dollar collector cars.

Realistically, 25,000 is a good starting price and then go one way or the other based on details.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #19
BecauseEYEgotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
Using the link provided

The car appears to be far from 'stock' - the A-molds appear to be OE & not replicas (but ain't stock). Are saw-blades included? Exhaust isn't stock either and North Carolina isn't just around the corner if you're in PA.

The 28,900 is an 'ask' like Steve mentioned so who knows what will do the buy! Not an easy car to put your 'eyes on' to decide. Maybe you could determine maybe a more reasonable value with a couple simple questions.

Maintenance record? I'd ask the seller for tire 'date codes' in a very early conversation. They might speak much regarding maintenance!!

Yeah, I have a list of questions for them, if they reply back to me. I felt the asking price was a bit high, that’s why I put it on here.

Old 03-29-2018   #20
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
It's not the job of owners to inflate prices by telling someone a car is a good deal when it's not either.
He could have left the comment as 'seems high' or ain't for me!

Quote:
OP wanted opinions and he got one. It's his job to discern whether that opinion is relevant or not. 10 years ago the market was about 30% higher than it is now on a 92.

There are a large percentage of owners who don't want to admit what the market is doing on these cars. It's dropping again now. These will, with few exceptions, never be big dollar collector cars.

Realistically, 25,000 is a good starting price and then go one way or the other based on details.
Taking into consideration the guy's a BOD member, a forum moderator, 'ex membership chairman' and an owner of one I'd say it was somewhat 'irresponsible' to approach the conversation in this way.

And then came back to argue it seems his point - his car and 10 year old purchase isn't relevant. There ain't no way!!

I'm still with poster #7 although his comment was/is a stretch!

Value is the eyes and the wallet of the potential buyer.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote