ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-23-2005   #11
WB9MCW

Default Re: 1993 ZR-1 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary on ebay

WELL IT DOES HAVE THE DOUBLE VALUE FACTOR (that is DV-FACTOR... Mr z-factor...just had to...lol) ZR-1 & 40TH ANNIV. PROLY A WINNER !!! still like black rose and black best though...one kewl thing is that they did have a lot of colors for the ZR-1's... Just wish there had been a ZR-1 pace car done rad like the 98pace...now that would be da Z to SEE!!!

This is where they blew it the 95 pace should have been a ZR-1 but not wussy like this bland 95 but rad like the 98....oh well 20-20 hindsight!!! It could have been a great way to pay tribute to the final ZR-1 year too!!! stupid--stupid--stupid dumb general he blew it!!! LOLOL and btw u guys who make funny of the yellow wheels I'll have u know they come from great racing heritage....the MIGHTY PENSKE GRAND SPORT............. ONE HELL OF A BAD TO THE BONE VETTE 4 SURE !!!! sun oil co. colors SUNOCO

THE 5 OLD SCHOOL Z06's all brought togather for a special showing....

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 12-23-2005 at 12:45 AM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #12
ZR-1 Mack

The other 93 Ruby Red ZR-1 never cleared reserve at $28,875.00... the car had 13,550 miles.

Gotta wonder why the one that was sold with 7600 miles was worth almost another $17 grand to someone.

Anybody have a rational explanation for what just happened?
ZR-1 Mack ... 91 ZR1 Black/Black #487 NY
ZR-1 Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #13
WB9MCW

Quandry it makes no sense....no logical reason.. i agree...
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #14
tomtom72

Maybe the buyer was looking for something to put in a collection for show & NCRS type events? Figure low milage = more OEM stuff on the car down to the little stuff like spark plugs & the BG air in the tires?

I found alot of OE stuff on my 90 when it arrived, like the OE fuel filter, plugs, PCV valves, air filter, belt, and the BG air. in the tires along with the tires! I saved all that silly stuff...don't know what to do with 16 yr old tune up parts and tires?

Plus there is that mind thing about less than 10K miles on a car. I know when I crossed 10 K with mine I was on the road to BG and I had a little thought as to "the car is not new any more". Then on the flip side I figured "now it's broken in! Hammer time!".

Knowing and going thru what I just did with mine, I would do a higher milage car next time because at least you know some stuff would be sorted out.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote