ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-10-2016   #11
ZR1North

Default Re: First time @ WAZOO.......

Looks like another productive and fun day, gents. WAZOO is the best. Looking forward to Jim's and Lynid's documented trip to Newfoundland later this year - we're in for a treat with great pictures of great geography.
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016   #12
QB93Z

Thanks for the pictures Tom. It was nice to meet you. We did get a lot of issues fixed with so many people working. Thanks to Richard for jumping right in and turning wrenches.

Bob's drivability issue (low rpm, light throttle misfire/stumble) was solved by replacing the spark plugs.

Charlie's drivability issue (stumble on moderate/heavy acceleration) was the result of throttle cable mis-adjustment by a dealership that worked on the A/C compressor. At full throttle, the throttle position sensor indicated 59%. I guess the ECM was confused by full power signal from the MAP, but 59% from the TPS. By adjusting and aligning the throttle cable between the ASR and the throttle, the problem was solved. A Tech I was invaluable in diagnosing this problem. We used a fuel pressure gauge with a long hose to rule out a weak fuel pump.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016   #13
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
I can't believe Jim is selling a Z
Yes, the Black/Black 1990 Lingenfelter 368 is for sale. It turns out that when Lyndi suggested I buy a low-mile ZR-1 to use as our Road Trip Z, it wasn't permission to have 4 ZR-1's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1North View Post
Looks like another productive and fun day, gents. WAZOO is the best. Looking forward to Jim's and Lynid's documented trip to Newfoundland later this year - we're in for a treat with great pictures of great geography.
Thanks, we leave for the Newfoundland trip in two weeks. Sorry that I won't get to your part of Ontario this trip.

Jim
Old 07-10-2016   #14
Vette73

Any moe info on the 90 368 car? Mileage price? Can't beat a shiny black Z..Car must be a blast to drive with plenty of torque...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016   #15
QB93Z

Here are the specifics on the ZR-1 that I will be selling.

For Sale - 1990 Corvette ZR-1Black with Black interior 43,xxx miles.

Price $27,000

VIN:1G1YZ23J0L5802315

This is a performance enhanced ZR-1. Here is a summary of the work that Lingenfelter Performance Engineering did on this ZR-1.

August 1991:
Disassemble Engine
Balance & blueprint the crankshaft assembly
Three Angle valve job
Port and flow test the heads
Port complete intake track
Degree the camshaft
Assemble the engine

Oct - Dec 1992:
Headers
Calibration
Camshaft cover seal
Press Regulator cover gasket
Plenum gaskets
Muffler clamp
Bell Housing bolt
Battery

Dec 2001-Jan 2002:
368 CID package
Crower rods
Cosworth pistons
Eradispeed Rotors
New clutch
Plug wires
Power steering pulley
Serpentine belt
VSS Sensor
Temperature Sensor
Power Switch

Total Lingenfelter cost: $37,128

The "368 package" is not broken down in detail but Graham Behan, a Lotus Engineer that works for Lingenfelter now, said that the 368 package included a modified cam profile in 2002. (The original invoices for this work come with the car.)

Long-tube headers were installed by Lingenfelter. The headers have air injection tubing installed (required by NJ at the time.) I removed the AIR system and capped the tubes because one of the AIR check valves was causing a clicking noise.

More upgrades:

The car has a Corsa Performance stainless steel exhaust system.

The car comes with both the painted top and the clear acrylic top and the storage bag.

The Pioneer In-dash Navigation System, AVIC-130BT, was professionally installed by Westminster Speed and Sound. It includes an auxiliary amplifier and four new speakers. The original Bose head unit comes with the car.

The car has an aftermarket, remote door unlock and hatch release system installed by Westminster Speed and Sound. The car comes with both fobs.

The Shelby Series 1 wheels were installed in 2011. The rear tires have been on for about 10,000 miles, the fronts for a little less. The original, stock wheels come with the car.

I installed a Hurst Short-Throw shifter, with no reverse lockout

I installed a Hiabeck Line-Lock system. It is connected to the brake lines at the ABS unit behind the drivers seat.

I replaced:
the driver's side window switches
the passenger side window motor and regulator
the oil pressure sensor and connector
the idler pulley
alternator (in progress)

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member

Last edited by QB93Z; 07-10-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: total upgrade cost
Old 07-10-2016   #16
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I wish I lived closer, I really do.
Maybe we can shrink our state a little, so you could be closer....
I am sure with Jim's knowledge and expertise on the LT5, he would really have a handle on the problems you are having. I am 2hrs, 40 min from the WAZOO Headquarters, but worth every traveling mile just to spend the day with the group....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic91 View Post
Great to have gotten the chance to see everyone at least once before we start our move in a few weeks, and it was a pleasure to have met both Tom and Rich. I'm really going to miss the comradery and help that comes with being a part of this group, but hope that we can get back here in a couple short years!

Scott
Wishing you the best in your new move once again Scott. Stay safe, and with the site you will be able to keep up with everything that is going on.
Let us know how you make out with the trans fluid change, hope it goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
I'll second that.. ZR-1 guys are a great group.
Me too.....just so much fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1North View Post
Yes it was and yes it is.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Thanks for the pictures Tom. It was nice to meet you. We did get a lot of issues fixed with so many people working. Thanks to Richard for jumping right in and turning wrenches.

Bob's drivability issue (low rpm, light throttle misfire/stumble) was solved by replacing the spark plugs.

Charlie's drivability issue (stumble on moderate/heavy acceleration) was the result of throttle cable mis-adjustment by a dealership that worked on the A/C compressor. At full throttle, the throttle position sensor indicated 59%. I guess the ECM was confused by full power signal from the MAP, but 59% from the TPS. By adjusting and aligning the throttle cable between the ASR and the throttle, the problem was solved. A Tech I was invaluable in diagnosing this problem. We used a fuel pressure gauge with a long hose to rule out a weak fuel pump.

Jim
My pleasure Jim, again had a great time.....
And for anyone considering Jim's Black 90, it is one nice ZR-1 and I have to repeat myself, the exhaust is something else to hear, it sounds that great.
You can be assured you would be purchasing one fine machine.....
GLWS Jim........

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016   #17
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Maybe we can shrink our state a little, so you could be closer....
I am sure with Jim's knowledge and expertise on the LT5, he would really have a handle on the problems you are having. I am 2hrs, 40 min from the WAZOO Headquarters, but worth every traveling mile just to spend the day with the group....

I'd be willing to give up a fairly large part of pennslytucky
Old 07-10-2016   #18
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I'd be willing to give up a fairly large part of pennslytucky
I hear you there.....

1974 LS4 454 Vert

WAZOO Member
Old 07-10-2016   #19
Roadster

Jim and Rich....
FYI, even though it showed I was a quart down on the oil dip stick when up on the rack, I waited until a few minutes ago, and rechecked, not even a pint down. So it appears to really check the oil when these engines are stone cold, to allow for all of that oil to drain down completely.

I also opened the radiator cap and the level was down, used more of the distilled water and kept squeezing the upper radiator hose to get the air out. Apparently there is some air left as I could hear the LS of the radiator groaning from time to time. And the hose is getting a little harder to squeeze as I imagine more fluid is filling in the hose. Will check later, I am sure I will go through a few cycles to get completely filled and all air out.

Just need to wash later (can't wait) and gas up.......

1974 LS4 454 Vert

WAZOO Member
Old 07-10-2016   #20
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Yes, the Black/Black 1990 Lingenfelter 368 is for sale. It turns out that when Lyndi suggested I buy a low-mile ZR-1 to use as our Road Trip Z, it wasn't permission to have 4 ZR-1's
Jim
I hate it when that happens Jim I'm only working on car #2
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote