ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-26-2008   #11
bradslt5

Default Re: I need some help with B&B Problems.

sorry i havent got back to you sooner.work is gettin busy . if you extend the tipps at least 1in farther back you wont believe the difference. if the tipps arent extended out past the valance enough the sound has a tendancy to go up under the valance . if you look under there its metal and more metal is why i came up with what my bud called a buffer plate in between the mufflers and the bottem od the car . it only added 10lbs to the car .i will see if i somehow i can make enough time to make a drawing and get it posted for those who wish to try it . one thing to look for is the back hanger and see if that little l piece is solid in there or do your muffs move up and down .. i spent so much time under my car i got blister on my back . another thing i did was put hard nylon washers between ths spring hangers and the exhaust moutings . the resonance is a vibration much like a tunning fork . i think the new bandb resonator with those cones will help a bunch . they are much like the ones summit sells for headers . they didnt help me but there again they were installed in the collecters of the headers . but i am a neurotic mess with 5 extra sets of exhausts . i wish i only spent 500. more like 3k to get mine right . good luck if you think i can help pm me i will give you my ph and we can moan about how this stuff drives one nuts oh ps band bdoes have some fine nipples i mean tipps
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #12
Lowflight

When I get the new mufflers installed, I will get them to fit them a bit farther back.
Lowflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #13
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
The new B&B system is pretty quiet inside and out. (mufflers/resonator)
Mine is as quiet as stock even with headers.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #14
bradslt5

is it still a 3 in exhaust ? if so then that new resonator and cone setup is very cool indeed
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote