ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-11-2021   #11
Z51JEFF

Default Re: Paging Marty,Contis Corvettes.......

I found my car,not an 80 but the choice was between the 80 or a 74/75 convertible. I put a deposit on a 75 convertible,original owner and 11,000 original miles,cars been parked in the garage since 1978 on NON OP. Cars got both tops,L-48 and I believe the only time the soft top was up was recently when the hard top was removed. To only thing with the car,the back bumper fell apart,common problem on the earliest soft bumper cars and the carb needs a rebuild but rooms smooth. When I can remember how to post some pictures I'll do that. Thanks for all the tips,greatly appreciated. And my Z,it ain't goin nowhere,I just might pull it out of the garage and drive it. I pick up the new car in a week.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021   #12
Z51JEFF

Here's the 75 convertible I bought. Original owner,both tops and 12,000 original miles. I believe this is the first time the soft top has ever been out of the top well,it still has the care tag on it on the lower left corner of the top.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021   #13
AirbusDriver

An original soft top will be lightyears different than any reproduction. The jock strap on the B pillar, windlace, bow strap, material, date coding on the rear window, etc. A reproduction is totally unlike an original.
Congratulations!
Beautiful car, BTW
AirbusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote