ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-20-2014   #11
Schrade

Default Re: Headers , Exhaust and emisions in Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-cam View Post
Well I got the headers back from the coaters and am very happy with the results. I got the drivers side installed without to much trouble. The air tubes added a little difficulty with getting the front bolts in. I did test fit these several times before welding them in place so i made sure the clearance was adequate. I noticed the knock sensor plug didn't look seated properly. As I touched it, the plug fell apart, obviously degraded from the heat. I would bet the connection was poor for some time. Any body know the plug part number please post up.
MF'er! My ex-man's aren't even off yet!

Shortly tho'...

I got the KS # on a CD that Steve / WeGone made for me. If no-one beats me here, I'll post up by the AM here.

ed.:
Looks like it is AM...

courtesy of WG: (sorry you can't copy / paste the PT # from the image (ALSO courtesy of WG ) )

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 02-20-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #12
4-cam

Thanks Schrade, Found the part number on Rock auto ACDelcoPT308.
Have Patience, Ive Been working on mine for quite a while now. Removing them was by far the worst part of the job.
[I]1991 ZR-1 Blk/Gry #31[/I]
[I]SW Headers/Xpipe- Dynomax Muffs[/I]
[I]Ported top end[/I]
[I]Secondaries Removed[/I]
Tune by Dominic
4-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #13
Schrade

Quote:
Thanks Schrade, Found the part number on Rock auto ACDelcoPT308.
Have Patience, Ive Been working on mine for quite a while now. Removing them was by far the worst part of the job.
I missed the step-by-step with photo-snappics???

This grasshoppah is runnin' short of patience...

PT # must be a RA # ??? Different from the edit above?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 03-10-2014   #14
4-cam

I finished the installation of my headers / exhaust today and it sounds awesome. I'm very happy with the sound. I think the cats mellow out the sound a touch, as it has very little drone at cruising speed. When you get on it every one around will notice. Not a stealth system for sure. I think the Borla that this replaced had much more drone than this system. I drove it around a bit to see how the exhaust settled in the hangers, one final adjustment and then its time to clean the garage, I think I have every tool I own on the floor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tpcxo1oqo...2015.26.47.mov
[I]Ported top end[/I]
Tune by Dominic
Old 03-10-2014   #15
Franke

Yep. I like it. Sounds good looks good.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #16
Schrade

Sounds great!

(and you get stealth mode by exceeding speed of sound (might need new rubber for THAT tho' ) )

Old 03-14-2014   #17
Tyler Townsley

If you need tuning help to pass emissions call Rod Dewile at 720-284-4965. He is in Denver about 10 min from your place. I will be out there some time this spring to visit a friend at Wheat Ridge so may give you a call. Rod is very familiar with the LT 5.

Tyler
68 Torch Red
88 ZR1 Blue
90 ZR1 White
Tyler Townsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014   #18
4-cam

Been a few weeks since I posted last, had a relative in town , a ski trip to steamboat and a business trip to LA last week but finally got a chance to spend some more time with the Z. She didn't pass emmisions on the first try, not even close. The car is running so lean now , its causing the HC to be over double the limit. It thought the headers and exhaust would lean it out some but not to this extent. I used an infrared thermometer on the inlet of the Cat and the highest temp I could get them to was about 380deg. New Plugs (ngk FR-5) are white after about 50 miles. I ran about 20 minutes while data logging with DataMaster but this is my first time using so I dont know how yet to post the log. I also have tuner pro but have not figured it out yet either. But it is definitly time for some tuning.

Tyler if you plan on comming to town, let me know as it would be great to meet up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140330_213813.jpg (103.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-03-30 21.42.44.jpg (76.3 KB, 7 views)
[I]Ported top end[/I]
Tune by Dominic
Old 03-31-2014   #19
Tyler Townsley

Looks like I will be there the week of 4 May. I am hauling a car there then going to NCM to pick up my 88. We will leave here 4 May so hope to be there the 6th or 7th. Hopefully I can take you out to meet Rod Dewile so you will have a local LT 5 contact.

Tyler
68 Torch Red
88 ZR1 Blue
90 ZR1 White

Last edited by Tyler Townsley; 03-31-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Tyler Townsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014   #20
Franke

Quote:
Been a few weeks since I posted last, had a relative in town , a ski trip to steamboat and a business trip to LA last week but finally got a chance to spend some more time with the Z. She didn't pass emmisions on the first try, not even close. The car is running so lean now , its causing the HC to be over double the limit. It thought the headers and exhaust would lean it out some but not to this extent. I used an infrared thermometer on the inlet of the Cat and the highest temp I could get them to was about 380deg. New Plugs (ngk FR-5) are white after about 50 miles. I ran about 20 minutes while data logging with DataMaster but this is my first time using so I dont know how yet to post the log. I also have tuner pro but have not figured it out yet either. But it is definitly time for some tuning.

Tyler if you plan on comming to town, let me know as it would be great to meet up.
Yeah, looks like the plugs are almost blistered. Datamaster logs can not be posted as they are (raw) since the program will only allow a download into Excel or similar file. The spreadsheet can be customized to any parameters.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote