ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-16-2008   #11
bradslt5

Default Re: 315 D3's extinct or just B. O.'ed

just got off the goodyear tire site .when i punch in the car info i get the f1dg3 pops up . so who knows . i found 2 rears 3 months ago in la . i did email them and they said they werent making any more so ?????? maybe if everyone and there buds email them they will make more ????i dont know how to do that search stuff. old rookie
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #12
Lowflight

My Dad is a Goodyear dealer. I called him today and gave him the model number. He will call his Goodyear rep this week and hopefully get the skinny (and track down a set for me to put aside)
Lowflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #13
Wild and Blue

Unhappy Re: 315 D3's extinct or just B. O.'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflight
My Dad is a Goodyear dealer. I called him today and gave him the model number. He will call his Goodyear rep this week and hopefully get the skinny (and track down a set for me to put aside)
Please be sure to update us on this....I tried my local GoodYear guy and he found two at some obscure location but the price was $800 for the pair...just the tires, not putting them on.
I guess if they are gone forever, I will bite the bullet and get them but I hate to if they will return at a later date.
Wild and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #14
FU3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflight
So...IS THIS CONFIRMED OR WHAT?
Okay - enough crap - what is the word on these tires?
Old 03-25-2008   #15
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Totally "OT", but...

...being that photography is another hobby of mine, I really appreciate your signature photos. Very nice, BTW.

P.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #16
tomtom72

Okay I just e-mailed Tire Rack & asked if they had any info on what G/Yr is intending to do with the 315's.

Hopefully they will have something to share and maybe we can get some good info from Harold's father.....between the two we may get what is actually going on...hopefully.

I would think that there must be other sports cars that use a tire in that size?
I would think it would take more than the '96 GS and the 6900 ZR-1's to justify making the 315/35/17..??? What about those 90's turbo 911's? Ya know the ones with the big rear fenders and the spoiler w/the oil cooler built into it??? A friend of mine has two & the rear meats look as big as a 315...

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #17
Lowflight

I have not heard from my Dad on this yet, but I talked to Luke at Tirerack and his computer had no notation of the tire being DC'ed. Just backordered. He got a few sets in a few weeks ago and they were all spoken for.
Lowflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #18
tomtom72

Okay guys I just got an answer to the e-mail inquirey I sent to Tire Rack.

The long & short is the tire is back ordered due to the fact that it is out of production at the moment. G/Yr has not told Tire Rack when there will be a new run going into production. The guy from T/Rack said that this usually means quite a while before G/Yr will run another batch....or he said that G/Yr may decide to just discontinue that size. BUT T/Rack says that G/Yr would let them know when they have reached a decision to go or not to go with another run.

My read is that G/Yr is chewing on the idea that they may drop the 315, but they haven't made up their minds' yet.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #19
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72
I would think that there must be other sports cars that use a tire in that size?
I would think it would take more than the '96 GS and the 6900 ZR-1's to justify making the 315/35/17..??? What about those 90's turbo 911's? Ya know the ones with the big rear fenders and the spoiler w/the oil cooler built into it??? A friend of mine has two & the rear meats look as big as a 315...

Tom
I think the 'vette is the only car that uses that tire size OEM. Goodyear did design the tire just for the ZR-1.

With all the folks tossing 5-spokes on their cars though, there has to be at least 10,000 potential buyers for that size though. A lot more than for something like a Viper sized tire.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #20
DMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
I think the 'vette is the only car that uses that tire size OEM. Goodyear did design the tire just for the ZR-1.

With all the folks tossing 5-spokes on their cars though, there has to be at least 10,000 potential buyers for that size though. A lot more than for something like a Viper sized tire.
AND - - - Alot of 4G FBody guys are running the 315/35/17. Even some last gen Mustang types are also using the Beast's rear tire.

For once I lucked out and picked up a set of Goodyears in Jan.
LS3,LS6,LT1,LT5,L98,L82,L36,L79,L76
DMark is offline   Reply With Quote