ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005   #11
phrogs

yeah I love the friends first...

deposits? you have a buyer right here and your blowing him off? what a jackass I think you would have been better off not saying anything on the forum since you screwed one of our own
maybe that dealer was trying to get one of your tranys for a customer that needed it to get his ZR1 on the road and your keeping them all on hold for friends thats just shady business practices

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.
Old 09-21-2005   #12
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz
hope this clarifys the situation for you .

It sure does!

So it sounds like you have 10 left, 6 with deposits, and one for you. What about the other three? If they dont' have deposits on them, how can you hold them for your "friends?"

Are you the owner of the dealership?
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Old 09-22-2005   #13
Jeffvette

Old 09-23-2005   #14
cuisinartvette

That's BS. Jeff's greenbacks should be just as good as anyone else's. Makes me wonder if someone spoke to soon as to what price these could be had for and when called on it realized the bossman said no? Not the way to run a business (or hold onto a job, either IMO). Take care of the man and get him his tranny.
Old 09-26-2005   #15
zr1mom

Let me say something here before it goes any further. Yellowz (pete) is a personal friend of mine. He is the most open and honest person you will find. He would take the shirt off his back for you. He has supported me, the ZR-1 Net and the ZR-1 Net Registry 110%. If he says he has x number of transmissions left then that is what he has left.

I've seen him help members out time after time in many cases giving them the parts away for free at places like Carlisle. He has fix ZR-1 owners cars for free and at the last Carlisle towed a ZR-1 back home for an owner who broke a shock mount. He is the first one to buy a round of drinks for everyone and all this from a guy who barely makes a living. No he doesn't own Clay as though I'm sure he wish he did.

I would do anything for this guy, all he needs to do is ask. He has done me more favors then I can remember. To have Pete as a friend would be an honor. So please stop bashing him.

Thank you.
NCM Lifetime Member

Last edited by zr1mom; 09-26-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-26-2005   #16
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom
Let me say something here before it goes any further. Yellowz (pete) is a personal friend of mine. He is the most open and honest person you will find. He would take the shirt off his back for you. He has supported me, the ZR-1 Net and the ZR-1 Net Registry 110%. If he says he has x number of transmissions left then that is what he has left.

I've seen him help members out time after time in many cases giving them the parts away for free at places like Carlisle. He has fix ZR-1 owners cars for free and at the last Carlisle towed a ZR-1 back home for an owner who broke a shock mount. He is the first one to buy a round of drinks for everyone and all this from a guy who barely makes a living. No he doesn't own Clay as though I'm sure he wish he did.

I would do anything for this guy, all he needs to do is ask. He has done me more favors then I can remember. To have Pete as a friend would be an honor. So please stop bashing him.

Thank you.
Mom, I'm glad Pete is such a stand-up guy. I was not bashing him. The fact remains, though, that Jeff has stepped up with his money for a transmission, by Pete's admission he has 3 left (i.e., no deposit on them), and he won't sell one to Jeff. What am I missing?
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Old 09-26-2005   #17
zr1mom

I can't speak as to how many Pete has left however in an earlier email Pete did say "$1200.00 is the price if you want one i may have one left to sell you but it wont go through a dealer,it will ship to you plus freight".

So it sounds like Pete does have one to sell? But again I can't speak for him.
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 09-26-2005   #18
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom

Thank you.
Mom, I'm glad you and Pete have such a tight relationship. I wanted to post my experience in trying to work with him. Just to give you the highlights.

I placed a order from GM to get the transmission from my local dealership before the freeze on the last 58 gear boxes. I had a order number, also had confirmation the order had been processed and on it's way being shipped.

Trans never arrived. Local delaer did a locate. Supperior (1 in stock)showed up, as did Clay (10 in stock). Aquired a SPAC number from GM to have the transmission basically overnighted to me from Clay. Dealership receives an additional 100.00 for selling through the SPAC system. Salesman at Clay agreed to sell the trans and give it up.

A week goes by. No phone call or anything from Peter or anybody at Clay.

My guy has to do all the leg work, and Peter basically told him to shove it.

Come here and Peter says he only sells to friends.

I will flat out not do any business with him period, or recomend that anybody buy from him at all. I needed this transmission and he welches on the deal.

Closed Thread