ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-24-2013   #11
Schrade

Default Re: A couple things wrong today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbusa View Post
Thanks guys I have the red seat belt symbol and yellow in the display area that has the INFL/REST.. So I guess both .. I'll look for a thread on cleaning the grounds / sensors on the frame rails..
Check the wiring first perhaps there Ron; are grounds for each circuit integrated / common contact? Or does each of the 2 have a dedicated ground contact???

ed.:
Just saw Mr. P's post; they are proximal, if not in common..........
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #12
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Check the wiring first perhaps there Ron; are grounds for each circuit integrated / common contact? Or does each of the 2 have a dedicated ground contact???

ed.:
Just saw Mr. P's post; they are proximal, if not in common..........
When the SIR faults both of the lamps are triggered, the correction of the SIR sensors to "function" correctly should more than likely eliminate both lamps. In this particular case there should be no reason to "first" go to the grounds at the rear of the engine. It doesn't rule out another fault in the SIR system, I mentioned the sensors as the more frequent cause of the indicators.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #13
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
When the SIR faults both of the lamps are triggered, the correction of the SIR sensors to "function" correctly should more than likely eliminate both lamps. In this particular case there should be no reason to "first" go to the grounds at the rear of the engine. It doesn't rule out another fault in the SIR system, I mentioned the sensors as the more frequent cause of the indicators.
Looks like I'm steering ya' wrong there Ron; my apologies... Thanks for the info too there Dave!
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 05-24-2013   #14
Corbusa

Its all Good . Your not steering me in a wrong direction... all comments are good. at least we're trying and putting forth effort I appreciate all the help guys . everytime you answer questions and helps me out and is greatly appreciated . You save me a lot of hastles which saves me time. Time is something I dont have much of.. I have sooooo muuch on my plate I never stop unless I'm catching a nap. I live life on the run.. Thanks again...
Corbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #15
WVZR-1

If the thought of the impact damage that an early SIR can do to the human body you can use a 2 Ohm resistor to put out the lights if you like. It could be inserted at the column base or at the top of the column at the "air-bag" connector. How effective is a 24 year old air-bag? Is it more or less dangerous than when new? Don't know but the early SIR's were very damned powerful!
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #16
Schrade

Quote:
If the thought of the impact damage that an early SIR can do to the human body you can use a 2 Ohm resistor to put out the lights if you like. It could be inserted at the column base or at the top of the column at the "air-bag" connector. How effective is a 24 year old air-bag? Is it more or less dangerous than when new? Don't know but the early SIR's were very damned powerful!
I know VERY WELL how powerful they are - I hit one SQUARE @ 110mhp, ZERO EXAGGERATION, ON ACCIDENT REPORT. And still got 6 ribs broken, bilaterally, in the pattern of the steering wheel. And I'm above room temperature because of one.

Last edited by Schrade; 05-24-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2013   #17
scottfab

Quote:
This is dead on. Start with the most likely which in this case is easier to get at anyway:
1. Sensor to frame rail (most likely cause) And check the yellow connectors because they are very easy to get at.
2. Grounds at the rear of the LT5

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #18
scottfab

Quote:
Thank you Gentlemen... I hope I remember all you have said.. I am leaving out of town for a few weeks and will tackle this as soon as I get back.. Isnt it funny how life treats us? Both my trucks are having issues , both vettes, both lawn mowers & all at the same time. yet I cant complain, I do regular maintenance on my equipment and toys . my riding mower is 34 yrs. old but everything took a dive all in the same week .... I'm headed to TX in my junky S10 cross yo fingers for me... Thanks for the info.
It's a corollary of Murphy's Law. Any thing that can go wrong will and will at the worst possible time and in multiples. My 27yr old lawn mower needs to be shot to put it out of it's misery. The counter measure to Murphy's Law is "one thing at a time" when fixing stuff.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #19
Corbusa

It's a corollary of Murphy's Law. Any thing that can go wrong will and will at the worst possible time and in multiples. My 27yr old lawn mower needs to be shot to put it out of it's misery. The counter measure to Murphy's Law is "one thing at a time" when fixing stuff.
__Scott your new screen name should be Master PO________________
Corbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #20
WARP TEN

Quote:
__Scott your new screen name should be Master PO________________
And another: "If things are going smoothly, you've obviously overlooked something" --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote