ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 08-24-2014   #11
rhipsher

Default Re: Added another car to the family.

Thank you Glenn and company for setting me straight lol!
So yesterday I got the Bimmer On my insurance. Then got the inspection done. Then went to the BMW dealership to get the updated navigation DVD's. They were $199. One disk is for the east coast. And the other is for Texas on over to Cali. So I put the disk in and I'm waiting for something to happen. And a message pops up saying to shut the system down for 5 minutes then restart. No problem. I kept taking the disk out thinking it just automatically is going to download the files it needs then I just remove the DVD. But I finally realized that you have to keep the DVD installed. Then all my maps updated. What a dummy. I also decided that since I'm in between jobs at my home shop that I'd move the Z back in the garage. I feel better that it's inside.

rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #12
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
Thank you Glenn and company for setting me straight lol!
So yesterday I got the Bimmer On my insurance. Then got the inspection done. Then went to the BMW dealership to get the updated navigation DVD's. They were $199. One disk is for the east coast. And the other is for Texas on over to Cali. So I put the disk in and I'm waiting for something to happen. And a message pops up saying to shut the system down for 5 minutes then restart. No problem. I kept taking the disk out thinking it just automatically is going to download the files it needs then I just remove the DVD. But I finally realized that you have to keep the DVD installed. Then all my maps updated. What a dummy. I also decided that since I'm in between jobs at my home shop that I'd move the Z back in the garage. I feel better that it's inside.

Time for a bigger garage!
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #13
rhipsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
Time for a bigger garage!
Believe me Mike we've been looking at some bigger homes with the 3 car detached garages. I don't want a two story. Looked at some really nice 3,000sq ft single stories I like in gated communities.
Old 08-25-2014   #14
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
Believe me Mike we've been looking at some bigger homes with the 3 car detached garages. I don't want a two story. Looked at some really nice 3,000sq ft single stories I like in gated communities.
You gonna stay on southside? Don't come north. With Exxon coming in it's a nightmare traffic wise. We are still somewhat secluded and a one story but closing in on us.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #15
rhipsher

I plan on staying in Katy. All the girls friends are here that go to Cinco Ranch & Taylor highschool. Plus if you head west on i-10 just past Katy mills mall its all wide open country all the way to San Antonio which is nice. And ghetto Houston is still 20 miles from me. Which is also nice