ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-10-2011   #11
ittlfly

Default Re: Estimate for damages.

FWIW......Having worked as a CHP ''road officer'' for many years, I would strongly suggest you always request a report at the time of the accident. In addition, at least in Calif, when property damages exceed $750, (or in case of injury or death), DMV MUST be notified regardless of fault. Maybe Texas has no such law for propery damage accidents but out here they can suspended your license for failure to do so.
I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 01-10-2011   #12
rhipsher

I talked to her today. She said she broke the news to her husband that she hit somebody in his truck and she will get me all the insurance info I need shortly. That was at 10:30 am. Its now 6:33pm and I still don't have sh#t. I found her on facebook also. Her soon to be ex husband owns a design company. If I don't keep the pressure on her she don't do sh#t. Not that im in a hurry. But until I get ahold of her insurance and get the claim made and get the ball rolling im not getting my hopes up
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #13
xlr8nflorida

You are fortunate that she gave you her real name and number
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #14
pantera1683

Fill out the blue form just in case you end up in small claims. I'm sure you have her DL# and tags. Either are all you need to track her and her insurance company down.

Small claims court is probably where you will end up because that lady has had time to think about it and since there isn't any damage to her truck she will try to just stall you until you go away. Luckily small claims court is simple and easy to deal with; especially when you have documentation. You messed up by not calling the police and filling out a police report on the spot but it won't kill your case unless you sit on your hands too long.

If you go through your own insurance won't it negatively affect your rates?

Last edited by pantera1683; 01-10-2011 at 08:52 PM.
pantera1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #15
Kb7tif

The way she hit you with a fast lane change, sounds like she is a real gem. Dont let up on this.
Watson Headers
Ported Plenum, Housings
Random tech cats
Fidanza Flywheel
Chipped, Relocated Mat
Woods 165 stat
Borlas, Straights
1996 Lt4 Sold
1994 Lt1 Sold
2004 Z06 Sold
AKA** Illenema
Kb7tif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #16
rhipsher

She just sent me all the info I needed so now to get the car in the shop. Im getting a brand new paint job starting from the drivers side door all the way around the back to the passengers side door. The fading back bumper and those water spots from water sitting in the tail light recesses are gonna be gone. Its to bad I didnt have more expendible $$$ or Id just have them repaint the whole car. Richie collision specializes in body and paint on Corvettes and their work is flawless. Can't wait to see it when they're done.

Last edited by rhipsher; 01-10-2011 at 10:54 PM.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #17
carter200

Great news!! Hope all keeps going your way. Might be worth it to try for a complete job as it would be so much better. I'll buzz you later.............

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #18
RICKYRJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
She just sent me all the info I needed so now to get the car in the shop. Im getting a brand new paint job starting from the drivers side door all the way around the back to the passengers side door. The fading back bumper and those water spots from water sitting in the tail light recesses are gonna be gone. Its to bad I didnt have more expendible $$$ or Id just have them repaint the whole car. Richie collision specializes in body and paint on Corvettes and their work is flawless. Can't wait to see it when they're done.
Maybe you can make a deal with the bodyshop for a full body paint (pay over time) It seems like a great opportunity to get her done now since half is being done on her Ins. co. dime. good luck
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #19
pantera1683

How much are their repaints, I want to get mine resprayed in the near future.
pantera1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #20
xlr8nflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post

The choice is yours on how you would like to paint your car.

I think less is more, meaning if you get your back bumper aligned properly and painted good, you will hardly know your car was in an accident. People accept back and front bumpers painted all the time.

When you paint half the car it gets dicey no matter how good the painter and even if they blend the doors good. One half of the car is going look "fresh" and better then the rest. Of course, you can always paint the entire car but I see that as mistake as well. Most repaints never look as good as the original. Especially on the front bumpers, they almost always chip and I don't care about good the body shop is. It's just a fact of life as the bumpers can be tricky with the curing of the paint and the oven temps. Make sure its a shop that will stand by the work for your ownership of the car.

Again, I believe Less paint work, the better. In the end, you will have minor paintwork (that many people get) and it actually will be an improvement over what you had since you had some paint issues prior etc.

Regardless of what you decide, I'd take all kinds of photos of the car and the painting process. Particularly, if you paint half the car or the entire car. As many people see that as a big negative on the resale. (photos prove no major wreck)

If you are just fixing the back bumper, I don't think the cost should be over $1,000. Fair would probably be $750.
Talk to the guy and be honest but most body shops will want the full check regardless.

I'd take the car (or bring photos) to a few body shops, tell them its a cash deal, don't tell them insurance is involved and then you will get what it truly costs to fix the car and see if your body shop is being fair to you.

Don't take the car back until its fixed to your satisfaction. Tell them upfront you are very picky.

Message me if you need help, I've worked with alot of adjusters, body shops and insurance people in my life. I know the system pretty good.

Good Luck

Last edited by xlr8nflorida; 01-11-2011 at 12:51 AM.
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote