ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 06-15-2008   #11
chiplamb

Default Re: newbie driver questions

Happy to be here, Ryan. Just in from a few hours with the claybar and some of Barry's best, my car hadn't seen a wax in a while let alone any cleaner clay.

With any luck, I'll get my kit in from Kurt tomorrow and go through the secondaries sometime this week. I've got a slight leak I'd like to shore up and forget about. Not sure all is well under the plenum, though there is still plenty of go from the car as evidenced by all the tyre and exhaust soot I just removed from its last blast. My friends at GM Heritage also advised me to look at starter and coilpack connections while I was in there, so I'll give everything the once-over.

Cheers
Chip
whose sole claim to LT5 fame is having sat in CERV-III
'93 #82
chiplamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #12
gbrtng

Default Re: newbie driver questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng
Q2: On the stock 91 you can change power settings below 40 mph, not above.
The stock 90 is probably the same. If yours is not stock, there is no telling if this parameter has been changed until you try.
Correction:

The 1991 ZR-1 owner's manual states that full power can be activated below 4000 rpm. If you ask for full power above 4k, the request is pending until revs drop below 4k and it is then granted.

I remember a GM honcho (probably Dave McLellan) mentioning 40 mph at the NCM gathering in 1995, consequently I never tried to engage full power above that speed. Instead, I always turn full power on when starting the engine.

Since most cars have had ECMs reprogrammed for full power at all times, this discussion is for the rare stock version, and probably doesn't apply to stock 90s either.