ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-28-2008   #11
bradslt5

Default Re: Recall on Mobil 1 Oil Filters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
Manfred, I use the K&N. You can find them online for around $6 per filter. Never been a big fan of the Mobil 1 (mostly because I can never find them, but then again, I can't find the K&N on the shelves either )
do you have a kragens auto parts up your way? if so ck there thats where i get mine.
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #12
Aurora40

Nice call folks! I was only able to score one filter between the two semi-local AutoZone's. Got it for $2. The manager said he couldn't sell something for $.01 even though that's what it rang up as.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #13
glass slipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
Nice call folks! I was only able to score one filter between the two semi-local AutoZone's. Got it for $2. The manager said he couldn't sell something for $.01 even though that's what it rang up as.
He's lying!!! I've bought six of the extended performance M1-207s and every one of them has been $0.01. If you really wanted to press the issue, I'd go back and tell him you contacted corporate and they said he violated company policy (he actually did according to my friend who is the manager at my local store) by overcharging you just to shake him up a little. This is a nationwide sale due to Autozone discontinuing carrying the M1-207 altogether. It rang up as $0.01 because that is what the price is...I would call the manager a cheap bastard but I'm not sure what that would make me for only paying $0.06 for six top of the line filters.

PS The store right next door to me has about six of the old style M1-207 filters in stock for $0.01 each. If anybody is interested, I can get them and ship them to you. There are more of them in other stores in Jax that I could have sent to the store next to me and get those too.
glass slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #14
glass slipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogs
Id like to know where I can get this .01 cent filters local here I need to check
Johnny, check the Autozones near you. If you don't mind the old style M1-207s, I can send all the ones from Jax, FL to you. There's nothing wrong with them as I use to run them when they were the best. But the new "extended performance" M1-207s are the best now so that's what I run...otherwise, I'd still be using the original filters.
Old 01-28-2008   #15
RedSled

Last time I bought them at my local Autozone they had to order them. Guess I'll go see!
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #16
40th#381

I picked up the last 2 @ a Autozone here in Ft. Myers
today,they were .01 a piece.

Jan
40th#381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #17
TommyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass slipper
Johnny, check the Autozones near you. If you don't mind the old style M1-207s, I can send all the ones from Jax, FL to you. There's nothing wrong with them as I use to run them when they were the best. But the new "extended performance" M1-207s are the best now so that's what I run...otherwise, I'd still be using the original filters.
What do the old ones look like? What is the diff between old and new?
TommyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #18
glass slipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyL
What do the old ones look like? What is the diff between old and new?
The old ones are in a green and silver box (mostly green) and the filter is white. The new one is in a silver and black box (mostly silver) and the filter is black (looks OEM). The new extended performance filter uses synthetic fibers and has twice the particulate holding capacity. It also has better single/multi pass SAE numbers but the old filter has very high numbers. There is less resistance to flow with the synthetic fibers in the new filter too. Having said that, there is nothing bad about the old ones and in fact they are very good especially compared to other filters.
Old 01-30-2008   #19
Polo-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
My local has 2 left, but will only sell as a 2 for 1 price $10.99
Polo-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #20
DMark

They are selling for 1 Cent also in the Nashville, TN area!
LS3,LS6,LT1,LT5,L98,L82,L36,L79,L76
DMark is offline   Reply With Quote