ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2017   #1
Regimof

Default 2 fuel pressure regulator in under 30k?

So I finally bit the bullet and sent the yellow car into Shakopee Chevrolet and had their old, grumpy (but seemingly knowledgeable) Corvette guy perform surgery. At first he thought it was plugs, wires and possibly a coil (to the tune of 900) then after plenum removal it was discovered that the fuel pressure regulator was leaking. This is the second one. Close to 10 years ago it was taken to a local shop and they replaced by them.

As you can imagine this is perplexing because they don't make them anymore so finding one was tough. Had to go used or have a speed shop put on a universal one. I spoke to Mark haibeck (really nice guy) on the matter and he said go with a used one. Having a shop put one in would cost another grand that I'm not dying to spend and he's under the impression that this is a very rare fail. It's also perplexing because I'm not sure what's going on and what could possibly cause it to go bad. It spent a lot of time sitting over the years and dad put gas additives in it (Haibeck was quite anti Stabil). Is lack of us a probable cause? Gas additives?

To my knowledge once you're in the motor, the installation of the regulator is pretty straight forward. Is there a chance that someone could do something wrong at installation to cause a fail?

It's concerning because it's an expensive fix and the part is rare. Not looking to do this every other summer. Ideas?
Regimof is offline   Reply With Quote