ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-02-2021   #11
Alex0413

Default Re: Will '95 style bumper hurt value of my 1990?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt B View Post
If value is your concern here are my 2 Cents from German perspective - and you might want to consider as C4 and especially ZR-1 seems to gain appreciation over here in Europe and a potential buyer might be located here... US repaints have an extremely bad reputation over here. We call it the "sales shower" - dealer pours some fresh paint over a crappy car to turn into a shiny jewel.
Unfortunately preferably these cars found their to us, as many (stupid) buyers decided to import based on internet pictures.
I'm very sure that there are true professionals in the US who make a perfect job has they are here, so make sure to have it done by one of them, ideally with a photo documentation of the work.

Or, even better, try to have it rescued by a professional polish.

IMHO as long as enough comparable cars with OEM paint are available a re-paint will considerably affect value.

Sent from my SM-G991B using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
haha I've seen many cars with those paint jobs: look mint in pictures, but up close there's masking tape lines and defects!

I have a friend that's a professional car painter and does very high end work. He'll disassemble the car and do it properly so it's better than factory paint. With a proper documented respray like that, It'll raise the value. Most importantly, I'll love the way it looks!
Alex0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021   #12
Z51JEFF

Why not out all the 91 trim on the car,the doors are the same as a base car,the small dog leg from a base car is about 1/2 inch longer,can be modified to work and the bumper moldings can be found with a little digging. Brett Henderson made molds of the rear trim so it's possible for him to possibly make a set. If resale is what you're worried about,can't help you there.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021   #13
Z51JEFF

Why not put all the 91 trim on the car,the doors are the same as a base car,the small dog leg piece from a base car is about 1/2 inch longer,can be modified to work and the bumper moldings can be found with a little digging. Brett Henderson made molds of the rear trim so it's possible for him to possibly make a set. If resale is what you're worried about,can't help you there.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote