ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-08-2006   #11
Gunny

Default Re: Attending the C4/ZR-1 Gathering without a ZR-1?

HAWAIIZR1
Help clear my confusion, please.
Is your Z in Hawaii? And are you currently in Georgia ... Ft. Gordon, maybe? If so, we ought to try to get together. I live 30 miles south of Augusta.

My plans are to drive to BG for the Gathering. But of course I need to get the Z back together (I'm installing headers, new exhaust, ported plenum & injector housings, etc.) Assuming that I can get all the parts back together and running, I will be driving the Z and I will have a spare seat. (my better half can't get off and she doesn't enjoy the gatherings as I do).

George
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #12
HAWAIIZR-1

Hi George,

Sorry for the confusion and I can't blame you since I get confused sometimes. Yes, the Z is in storage at my home in Hawaii and I'm stationed at Fort Gordon, GA. I'll PM or email you direct and see if we can link up.

Thanks for the thought.

Craig
Old 03-08-2006   #13
Corvettes White

I went last year and had a great time. Great bunch of Guys. No Z, flew in, rented a car, and hung out.

George Richards
Corvettes White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #14
HAWAIIZR-1

Thanks for your insight. I'm trying my best to get there this year and unfortunately may miss the first day. It's great that several folks in the area have offered to ride with them.

Craig
Old 03-09-2006   #15
Mika73

Hi

How much would Gathering cost with hotel? If i manage get there some time..

And how much would i need for living, food etc.

Ofcourse all souvenirs and Corvette stuff would cost extra, but basic cost.

I would love to visit at Corvette Museum.

I just worry a little, course I would be traveling alone and I have meet ZR1 family only at internet.. Biggest fear would ofcourse be totally lost and alone there.

Lost my job yesterday.. (Heard it will end at may..) So this is dream, but one time, I want see it all..
Mika73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006   #16
HAWAIIZR-1

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_gathering.htm

Mika73,

I don't know where you are coming from but my estimate for the 3 days (Fri-Sun) that I plan on attending will be approximately $500 US which includes my hotel, rental car/gas, food and fees to the events that I plan to attend. I have not decided if I will fly or drive in (7 hour drive) and I have free travel by air with my frequent flyer mileage. In addition, my military discount for the hotel is $74.00 per night. Your situation does not sound too promising for this year but if you could make it that would be great. I too am looking at a rare opportunity since I currently temporarily reside in Georgia versus trying to attend from Hawaii after next year.

Best wishes,
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika73
Hi

How much would Gathering cost with hotel? If i manage get there some time..

And how much would i need for living, food etc.

Ofcourse all souvenirs and Corvette stuff would cost extra, but basic cost.

I would love to visit at Corvette Museum.

I just worry a little, course I would be traveling alone and I have meet ZR1 family only at internet.. Biggest fear would ofcourse be totally lost and alone there.

Lost my job yesterday.. (Heard it will end at may..) So this is dream, but one time, I want see it all..
Old 03-11-2006   #17
Mika73

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR1
http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_gathering.htm

Mika73,

I don't know where you are coming from but my estimate for the 3 days (Fri-Sun) that I plan on attending will be approximately $500 US which includes my hotel, rental car/gas, food and fees to the events that I plan to attend.

Best wishes,
Craig
Hi Craig

From Finland. Maybe not this year, but sometimes I would love to.

So 500USD would be enought and I know that there is some companys that fly cheap to US. I am not sure what citys/airports they fly from Finland.

It would be cool meet someone who is going to gathering at airport and go together or drive there and back on ZR1.

It goot hear that 500 would be enought. I better find out where they fly from Finland.

Thanks
Mika
Old 03-11-2006   #18
Mika73

Is anyone going from New York ?

I did check Kilroy Travels page and found that..

That there is flight from Finland that arrives to New York 3th May 3:15 PM

And return flight from New York to Finland is 7th May 5:15 PM

Prize was not bad.. But I would need ride and good company..

Old 03-11-2006   #19
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika73
Is anyone going from New York ?

I did check Kilroy Travels page and found that..

That there is flight from Finland that arrives to New York 3th May 3:15 PM

And return flight from New York to Finland is 7th May 5:15 PM

Prize was not bad.. But I would need ride and good company..

Mika73,

My estimate of $500 is me being on the conservative side. I'm sure I will get crazy at the museum and if vendors are there to purchased ZR-1 stuff and parts. I'm sure someone out there would not mind taking care of you if you seriously planned on a trip. You may also have to shout out on www.corvetteforum, ZR-1 discussion to get a bigger audience since I'm not sure if those same folks frequent this forum also. There are some us of us that are on several. I know from my standpoint that I would not have a problem providing a ride to anyone but I am driving from Augusta, GA or flying from Atlanta, GA. The way I figure if I'm going to fly from Atlanta I might as well drive since two hours drive there and only 5 more hours to Bowling Green, KY. If you fly into Nashville, TN I could pick you up either way but I am not going to arrive until the second day (Friday) or evening of the first due to my work schedule.

Take care and hope you get to come. By next year I will be in Hawaii and probably won't go from there.....so this is it for me this year since I am close to BG.

Craig
Old 03-11-2006   #20
Mika73

I guess, I would maybe buy couple t-shirts..

Havent found lot ZR1 stuff from Ecklers, Mid America or Corvette Museum page. Ofcourse there is parts.. but I guess I wouldnt carry any K&N oil filters or other parts from there to Finland.. well.. maybe I could get something..

Flight would cost about 420USD and if 500USD would be enought for hotel and food there.. Then total cost is very reasonable. i could but other stuff with credit card if I found something that I really want.

It would be great ride from New York to Bowling Green.. I have never visit US before and I would see a lot.. Well road atleast..

Yes. I would love to come. But I would need someone to go with, course otherwise I would be total lost.